Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > unknown vocabulary    

unknown vocabulary

chatina7
Mexico

unknown vocabulary

Hello everybody!
   Can you tell me how it is called , please?
   Thanks in advance.

13 Aug 2010      

imanito
Morocco

hi,
It is called chaise lounge

have a nice day 

13 Aug 2010     

almaz
United Kingdom

deck chairs or lounge chairs. I �m uneasy with �chaise lounge � (too much like a misspelling of �chaise longue �) although I wouldn �t put it past the advertisers to use a messy franglais term.

13 Aug 2010     

ballycastle1
United Kingdom

I think it �s properly known as a steamer (type into google images) but everyone I know calls it a sun lounger.

13 Aug 2010     

Lina Ladybird
Germany

The word I was taught is "deckchair".

I was also told that the expression "sun lounger" is only used for garden furniture, however, if native speakers like ballycastle do use it, it must be correct for "beach furniture", too! Wink

13 Aug 2010     

almaz
United Kingdom

Yes, �sun lounger � was the term I was looking for: basically a lazier, extended deck chair - not that I �ve ever used one, perish the thought!

14 Aug 2010     

Lina Ladybird
Germany

Don �t worry, Alex, I bet nobody would ever think that of you... Wink Actually, I �m pretty sure you sleep on one of these every night:

LOL  

14 Aug 2010     

zailda
Brazil

I learned it as "chaise lounge".

14 Aug 2010     

GIOVANNI
Canada

One thing I love about this site is the variety.  It is easy to see that some vocabulary depends on what side of the ocean you live on.

Believe it or not, in Canada we refer to a chaise lounge as a lawn chair or deck chair.  We seldom use a sun lounger.

Silke the bed really looks relaxing.  I am sure it would cure anyone �s back problems.LOL

14 Aug 2010     

yanogator
United States

Yes, "chaise lounge" actually is a misspelling (or Anglicization) of "chaise longue".

Bruce

14 Aug 2010     

libertybelle
United States

I always thought a chaise lounge was an indoors piece of furniture and a sun lounge or deck chair was an outdoors piece of furniture!

14 Aug 2010     

1    2    Next >