Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Concerning worksheets > That ´s just what I think.    

That ´s just what I think.

heikeo53
Mexico

That ´s just what I think.

I have only recently become a member of this mostly wonderful group of teachers but lately I have found comments in the forum whose content and "tone" make me feel upset and spoil my initial enthusiasm ((Yes, I know that �s entirely my concern!)
Nevertheless, I post these quotes because I thought that this was what this page is all about:

In about the same degree as you are helpful, you will be happy

~Karl Reiland
which for me means: if my worksheet is useful for only one teacher, then this is enough satisfaction for me

Criticism, like rain, should be gentle enough to nourish a man �s growth without destroying his roots. 

~Frank A. Clark
which means for me:Nobody is perfect.

15 Aug 2010      

anitarobi
Croatia

Thank you, heikeo53. I know exactly how you feel. Trust me, most of us feel like you most of the time. Unfortunately, there are some who don �t, at least not all the time. It will pass. Do keep your enthusiasm. Don �t lose it - it �s that enthusiasm that keeps the positive energy of this place stronger than the occasional negative slips. You �ll learn, in time, to recognize such posts and either join trying to keep the positivity flowing, or join and get upset, or simply scroll down to threads you like and enjoy. You don �t move to another city just because it rains once in a while, right?

Hoping you stay here and stay enthusiastic,
Anita

15 Aug 2010     

GIOVANNI
Canada

Thanks for the quotes Heikeo.  It was refreshing reading them.

In time you will find that this site is full of wonderful people and material.  Don �t let what you read spoil your enthusiasm.  This is a great place to be most of the time.   Anita �s thread says it all.

15 Aug 2010     

heikeo53
Mexico

Thanks Anita and Giovanni!

15 Aug 2010     

imanito
Morocco

hello heikeo,

welcome to eslprintables. I loved you quotes...so great.
dear heikeo, I understand what you feel. There is a Moroccan proverb which says:"people are rock and clay" which means that as there are people who are as hard and harsh as rocks, there are others who are as soft and tender as clay. And in other words, there are both bad and good people in this world. so don �t lose it dear heikeo. I assure you that there are people here who are really wonderful persons.who are here to help us teachers and encourage us to work hard to make our working life easier and more enjoyable. they are unselfish and ready whenever you need them to provide you with the best of advice and also some of them are so talented (try to visit the teacher �s caf� to see by yourself) 
and you have already thanked two of the most incredible people in this community,who are anita and giovanni....

Welcome once again and I hope you will enjoy being part of this community....and I am sure you will Wink
see you around
Imane

15 Aug 2010     

heikeo53
Mexico

Thank you Imane.
Would you please be so kind an explain me what I have to do to access the teacher �s caf�?
Thanks in advance for you reply.
Heike

15 Aug 2010     

imanito
Morocco

above the box of the birthdays, there are two boxes; one for the esl calendar and the one above it is that of the caf�. you just click on it and you are there.
have fun Smile

15 Aug 2010     

heikeo53
Mexico

Thanks a lot Imane! How stupid of me, I had never noticed it before.

Best wishes,
Heike

15 Aug 2010     

Bruna Dutra
Brazil

I really, really liked your posts Heike. Even though the reasons for you bringing them up were not the best, they did get you here, sharing them with us.
And you will come to find that we have more good than bad, so I believe. But it would be nearly impossible to get rid of the �bad �. So, like other dear members have wisely advised you, don �t let the bad things get to you, because they are all around us, and it �s our choice to change them, or let them change us.

Just for some conforting, just for my own peace of mind, because someone out there may read this, recognize themselves, and MAYBE, just MAYBE, change.

What I believe is: there are, and always will, people with very little life outside a room, a house, outside the internet. If you stick around long enough you �ll see them every single time you open your Eslp page. I do. They tease, they deceive, they mock, they have their "fun".
And I �m sorry for the judgemental tone, but I have come conclude that those are the ones who find in the �virtual � world a way to vent all their frustrations out. You can see that in the fake members around but also very much in the �real � ones. It �s like a place to go to in the end of the day, or the whole of days, as you might notice the constance of them in here.

What I mean is... not all in life is beautiful, but life itself is, and it �s up to us to be strong to live through the hard times, and be righteous, to rejoice the great things and people in life. Both in the real and the virtual world.

You will find great things and people in here. At least, I did. And you can come to discover that even the bad things, can make you better, more conscious about your own purpose as a person and as a teacher.

Hope you didn �t mind my own sharing of thoughts.
Hopefully, we �ll be seeing you around!
Best wishes,
Bruna

16 Aug 2010     

franknbea
United Kingdom

Wow!
What a deep and profound post, if you �re not careful Miss B, I �ll start pestering you for some psychology advice. Just jesting with you. You make some very good points.
Heikeo, it �s all good advice, there is a lot more good than bad here, so don �t let the bad things dishearten you. Do pop into the cafe, but please bring some biscuits, because I �ve eaten them all and the shops are closed.

16 Aug 2010     

Bruna Dutra
Brazil

Hey, Frank!
I �d be glad to be of help! I �m always here... 24/7!!! LOL
Just kidding... but also a little wake up call for those who are in here 24/7. Clown

16 Aug 2010     

1    2    3    Next >