Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Games, activities and teaching ideas > Word of the Day    

Word of the Day

Mietz
Germany

With the little I thought I might guess, I was completely off track. Wacko

"stea" -> steady - stabil or something
to = to
"pygic" -> something in the direction of "pygmy"

There I got lost and checked the answer.
Completely wrong, but very enjoyable game...LOL

19 Aug 2010     

aliciapc
Uruguay

I wonder what the correct pronunciation is ... ??

19 Aug 2010     

GIOVANNI
Canada

Thank God we don �t have to sit in a chair all day long.  That would be a disaster.

19 Aug 2010     

mariannina
Italy

Would you like a biscuit? LOL

19 Aug 2010     

Mariethe House
France

Now, mariannina, this is too much!! Not only shall we get double-sized bottoms but we �ll get told off by the forum masters if you carry on like that!!LOL  

19 Aug 2010     

Jayho
Australia

Maybe not Mariethe - they look like doughnuts (donuts) and believe it or not a special medical cushion, called a doughnut (donut) cushion, is well, used for the the same area of the body affected by steatopygia

so the thread is now back on track 

19 Aug 2010     

Mariethe House
France

LOLNow, Jayho, you �ve done it! I can �t shut my mouth! I am stuck ! What do you call this medical problem in English when you �ve been laughing so much and you can �t close your mouth? And most of all you can �t try those beautiful doughnuts whose recipe I would very much like for my next English private lesson? Thanks for your quick and unequalled answer!Wink

19 Aug 2010     

mariannina
Italy

to all of you!

19 Aug 2010     

Jayho
Australia

... well Mariethe, then your problem is solved.  Recent research has proven that laughing burns calories, so, if one is laughing that much then it will reduce one�s steatopygia and then one can eat those scrumptious doughnuts

See, you can have your cake and eat it too and that�s a whole heap better than a virtual icecream 

19 Aug 2010     

franknbea
United Kingdom

I must admit, when i posted the word earlier I thought, Jeez I �m going to get slaughtered, but then I thought No! Men also get fat behinds. My cousin Joe is so fat that when he goes to the Gap the only thing he can fit  into is the changing room.
The answer is of course : Having a fat behind
Thank you all for making this such a fun post. I �m going to scoot off now and have me some of those delicious looking doghnuts.

Oh! I almost forgot.... Virtual ice cream all around....

and a baked alaska for those who like their ice cream hot...

another word tomorrow!

19 Aug 2010     

< Previous   1    2    3    Next >