Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > > shocked and angry!!!!!!    

shocked and angry!!!!!!

ikebana
France

shocked and angry!!!!!!

This site is a real gem thanks to evreybody �s OWN  contributions . I particularly insist on the terms OWN  and  PERSONAL . We all are teachers teaching our pupils that cheating  or copying isn �t fair . It means stealing someone else �s ideas  and  work to get the best of it  , that is to say a good mark!!!
How can some of us expect their kids to be honest with their work and just do the contrary when it comes to contribute to this site .
preparing a ws. is quite a work , I agree but trying to get points by copying other members ws. is just disgusting ! And even more disgusting when pretending  it �s not a copy.( changing the layouts and keeping the same items is copying !!!!)
Yesterday I downloaded a ws. on the British Isles which I founded very useful and thanked the person for it. Late at night I went browsing through some of the members � ws. and discovered that this ws. was just a copy of someone else �s ws. I didn �t want to report it directly since I am not a moderator , so I sent a PM  to the person whose ws. had been copied.
What a shock when I realised that in today �s contributions the same person did send another ws . which is a copy !!
That will definetly teach me a lesson !
What the hell am I working hard for  ?!! From now on I �ll just look for some good ws. copy part of it ,  send it as a new contribution and  then get  lots of points !! EUREKA !
here are the links to the partly or totally copied ws.

have a nice , all of you
ikebana

20 Aug 2010      

donapeter
Romania

The member thanks Alenka as she was his muse ( I guess). Alenka herself wrote 2 comments on that ws and she didn �t seem angry.  Maybe Alberto should tell something.  

PS: Pls add the original links. 

20 Aug 2010     

myszunia
Poland

I totally agree with you! Unfortunately there are some thieves among us Angry.

In fact it happened to me once - I looked into the new contributions and found there one of my worksheets. I reported it of course, but the bitterly feeling lasted for some time, as I worked on this worksheet for quite a long time, and someone simply took it and uploaded as his or her own. 

20 Aug 2010     

ikebana
France

the pb is : moderators are doing a great job but they are often  too quick on  reporting ws. with watermarked cliparts or because they don �t consider it as esl work.
don �t you think that stealing is worse !

20 Aug 2010     

blunderbuster
Germany

Dear Ikebana,

You have a reporting option, you should use it.

Regards

20 Aug 2010     

ikebana
France

here are the original links

20 Aug 2010     

Apodo
Australia

If you believe those worksheets are stolen click on Report at the bottom of the worksheet page after the Comments.

20 Aug 2010     

ikebana
France

Sorry but I am not a moderator so I am not supposed to report a ws.
I just hope this will be done by the end of the day !
Ikebana

20 Aug 2010     

blunderbuster
Germany

No, Ikebana, I think you might have misunderstood something. Everybody, including you, can and should report.

20 Aug 2010     

Apodo
Australia

Oh yes. Anyone can report. The form at the bottom of the page is there for anyone who finds a problem with a worksheet.

20 Aug 2010     

ikebana
France

thanks for the tip
have a nice day
ikebana

20 Aug 2010     

1    2    Next >