Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > i have a doubt can you give some advice    

i have a doubt can you give some advice

uyumlu
Turkey

i have a doubt can you give some advice

hi to every one
I �ve just started private lesson. He is 10 yearsold. and I �m not used to teach at this age. Can you suugest me some ideas?
and also in private lessons  how much do you use target language? I mean at this age groups  of course
Which one do you think more succesfull ? explaining things in your language or speak only in English.

And also i have to say that i don �t have much time to raise the child. because the schools are going to open in  3 weeks.

thanks in regards

20 Aug 2010      

deryalim
Turkey

what �s the level of the child?and what �s your aim?aim is important....are you teaching a special aim or for his lesson at school? if you are teaching for the school you can use the book they will use for the next year....if your student is weak you can use Turkish but if not use English of course:)) 

20 Aug 2010     

uyumlu
Turkey

my student level is week he was going to a weak school  but he will go to a tough school and my aim is to raise his knowledge to this school .

21 Aug 2010     

anitarobi
Croatia

Treat him almost like a preschooler - provide lots of visual aids. Use flachcards and word cards - colour and images help faster memorising and better retention. By all means work on vocabulary, because what good does knowing a long phrase in third conditional do to a kid who doesn �t know basic numbers, colours, actions, etc. As you increase vocabulary, introduce longer phrases and slight grammar, and use short, interesting stories (lots available here, just search reading). In everyday communication, try to concentrate on using set phrases (could you hand me that, please, what �s the word for..., please, thanks, come in, sit down, write clearly, etc. so they enstill easier. Use popular songs with simpler vocabulary which he can hum to himself while you �re not around...

21 Aug 2010