Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Looking for authentic recordings (Part 2)    

Looking for authentic recordings (Part 2)

Olindalima ( F )
Portugal

Hi Mariethe
First, let me wish blue sky, shining sun, drops of rain, snow flakes, and ... a lovely Charlote in the middle, so that we can go on having your marvelous photos.
Second, I make Sylvie �s words... mine - I can show up, some now and then and ask for your help.

THIRD.

ARE YOU SURE THAT ALL THOSE WORDS ARE FRENCH PRIME MINISTER �S.

I think you may be wrong - they are from some one, some deaf, blind Portuguese politician.
For sure.

We are playing school for decades, that �s why our future, as a country, is completely lost for years and years to come.

Your words, Mariethe could and should be in the front page of a ny newspaper, but, my question is:

What newspaper?

Is there one left?

Hope you enjoy your time Th�rese.

@ Froggy
Whenever you decide to raise an army, to fight this lack of competence, this tyrany, do call me
linda

22 Aug 2010     

manonski (f)
Canada

Linda,

Critisizing education and teachers is probably a worldwide topic. I don �t know how many times I �ve had to defend my work to people who think they know all the answers. Just because they �ve been to school as kids do not make them experts on education. I had surgery 3 years ago and that does not make me a surgeon. I had to get a flat tire repaired last week and that does not make me a mechanic.

We, teachers, have a front row seat in education and yet, no one listens to us.

Frenchfrog, sorry for steering this thread in a different direction...

22 Aug 2010     

Olindalima ( F )
Portugal

Hi Manon

So long, I know, it �s my fault, I pop in, read and pop out. As Frank said, the other day " he was glad for ALMOST see me " LOL

Yes, you are right and the problem is that criticizing is turning easier and easier and we, teachers, are getting away from the critics. We know we are criticized, we do have tons of reasons to criticize upwards, but, it seems we all got tired at the same time. We are kind of sleeping and mourning... well, i �m going to stop...

FROGGY;my dear, forgive me

and the others, we have taken your post, but ... it was not on purpose; just old ladies that happened to meet and decided to talking makeover. Hope you forgive.

Mannon, Marie, we can go on pm, ok?
Kisses

23 Aug 2010     

ikebana
France

Before putting an end to another of my sleepless nights ( I mean before wishing you nite nite ) let me tell you something : Why should I spend so much time  and so many nights on trying to find ways and means to appeal to  all my "lazybones" kids  ? When I started teaching quite a while ago , I was told I would be part of a show : I was expected  to act in front of a class . The audience had come to enjoy the show , and it was supposed to be live with no rehersal of course ! I knew that the job was very demanding and I didn �t mind it because I thought I could be useful for some  or at least entertaining for others .
Now I know that I was utterly wrong ! I am neither a good actress nor a good teacher : the audience didn �t get anything from the show  , they say !........Well ! I don �t give a damn to them because what really matters is the little flame i can see in some of my kids � eyes when they realize they are not "good-for-nothings" ! that is the best reward a teacher can get !

that �s all for tonight
May you have  sweet
dreams full of hope
Ikebana

23 Aug 2010     

< Previous   1    2