Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Concerning worksheets > stickers    

stickers

lizsantiago
Puerto Rico

stickers

Hello everyone,

I am writing this because as a moderator i have seen that some members are reporting stickers as only cliparts or non esl resources and some new moderators are voting for removal. Here is the link to a post where victor gave us his opinion on that. Please read it before reporting or voting on stickers. To make this short... if a sticker contribution is not a copy( we need to provide a link to prove it )  and if it has words rewarding the student, they can �t be reported or removed.

26 Aug 2010      

Lina Ladybird
Germany

Liz,

I think the ones you are referring to were removed yesterday and today.

In the thread you gave the link to Victor wrote this: "we should only remove them if they are just clipart or if they are copied."

I �m not 100 % sure, but almost sure that the stickers we deleted consisted of copied & pasted images (containing words already) and NOTHING ELSE.

As far as I know - they weren �t accepted because of the fact that the uploading user didn �t do any ORIGINAL work apart from copying & pasting some cliparts into empty boxes... (The words were actually part of the pictures and hadn �t been inserted by the member.)

The thing is that we are supposed to upload our own work only!! So if someone just copies & pastes some images into a word document, it cannot be considered their own original work...

To my knowledge, Victor has never said anything about "if a sticker contribution has words rewarding the students, it cannot be removed". (That�s what you wrote in your above post.) Please, tell me where you read that, because I cannot find that sentence anywhere, dear Liz!

So according to Victor �s statement (the one I posted at the beginning of this message) the moderators were allowed to remove these stickers.

Am I right?? I would really like to hear other opinions!

Silke

26 Aug 2010     

Mouna mch
Algeria

that �s true Liza, but the ones that have been reported are not stickers since there is no effort done by the member... cut and pasted cliparts  are not concidered as stickers .. real stickers need a personal touch and some effort to be done... or what do you think?

26 Aug 2010     

Lina Ladybird
Germany

That �s exactly what I just said, dear Mouna, and I strongly agree with you! ;)

26 Aug 2010     

MJ_Misa
Czech Republic

Dear, Liz,

the stickers you �re referring to were just copied from somewhere, there was nothing original made by the member. This kind of stickers was never allowed, as I can remember.

26 Aug 2010     

lizsantiago
Puerto Rico

I do understand about original work but i also think that no one has provided a link for the copy, i have never posted stickers but when i do them for my stu.   my words are part of the drawing so that is why i think is not fair to report without prove.

26 Aug 2010     

Lina Ladybird
Germany

Once again... Victor wrote this: "we should only remove them if they are just clipart or if they are copied."

This means we don�t have to find the source of the clipart. There�s no proof needed. So no matter if we consider it fair or unfair, we �ll have to vote according to Victor�s rules! ;))

26 Aug 2010     

lizsantiago
Puerto Rico

Lina i think we ought to ask victor about this because when victor answered:  "we should only remove them if they are just clipart or if they are copied."   i think he was refering to the description that mena gave about stickers with or without words. and if you read closely i think he meant with that, that stickers without words are cliparts and no esl resources.
anyway i am sending him a pm so he can clarify this.

26 Aug 2010     

Lina Ladybird
Germany

IMHO, there �s no difference between an image with or without words... If it hasn �t been created by the member him-/herself, it cannot be considered his/her original work.

However, it �s a good idea to contact Victor! I �m really looking forward to reading his opinion.

26 Aug 2010     

lizsantiago
Puerto Rico

lina, let me try to me myself understood....i do agree in that if the sticker is a copy it has to be removed words or no words..what i do not agree on is that if the sticker has the congrats words then leave to moderators the power to remove a sticker ws just because someone thinks is  not the original work or a copy of the member without prove because anyone can make a sticker with words in the sticker and that is not prove of a copied work.  i have used paintnet to make such steackers i have even use powerpoint to make my images and add the words with wordart and then save it as a picture thus the sticker would have the image with the words.

26 Aug 2010     

mena22
Portugal

I voted for the stickers to be removed because although I could provide no link I was almost sure there was no work done by the member. There are millions of stickers on the Net. You can �t expect us to spend hours looking for a single one. If we don �t want to take the risk of seeing our stickers removed, why not send an editable version? Why not make moderators work easier? Besides, I think we all agree that worksheets should be indeed editable so that we can adapt them to our students � needs.

Have a good evening,
mena

26 Aug 2010     

1    2    Next >