Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Birthdays    

Birthdays

Lina Ladybird
Germany

Dearest Linda,

Although I got your point, I beg to differ... Wink

Civilized people/countries go forward and take along all the sick and handicapped along. It �s OUR duty to go on helping them, who knows? may be one or some of them will guide all of us in a very short time.

Linda, dear, when we don �t congratulate "all the sick and handicapped" and lazy people, it doesn �t mean that we won �t help them whenever they show up in the forum to ask their questions! ;))

I �ve noticed that (almost?) nobody congratulates those users with 0 or 5 points anyway, so what �s the use of keeping them in that list? Shall we keep them just to be political correct??

And the birthday list was not that long!

And how!! Sometimes it was so long that it took me blCensoredy ages to find my favourite users, my friends and those members who - IMHO LOL - deserved the time I spent to send them my best wishes! And sometimes the list was even too long to find those people whom I would have loved to find! Like Cris (donapeter) I�m pretty sure that I�ve missed a lot of birthdays because of these looong lists.

Thank you very much for giving your opinion anyway - I always enjoy reading your posts! :))

- Silke

27 Aug 2010     

JudyHalevi
Israel

Silke, I agree with you.  I stopped looking at the BDs because I didn �t have time to go through all of them.
Thank you, Victor.

Hugs from Israel

Judy

27 Aug 2010     

MJ_Misa
Czech Republic

I also agree with Silke. I �ve stopped sending birthday wishes within a month since it has started here, because I found I was missing some people I wanted wish to or I overlooked them in the huge amount of names. And I started to keep track of 0 point members, who were there on the list. The number was about 15 every day, sometimes even over twenty.
Members here have all the help they need, either via tutorials or the forum. I dont think they are going to be discriminated if their name won �t be there.

Hugs from the rainy Czech Rep., Michaela

27 Aug 2010     

Olindalima ( F )
Portugal

Hi Lady

Glad you understood me. I �ll come back, later, may be a pm, to go on , for now, I have to leave. I have a service at the local church, a friend has died.
see you
Hugs
linda

27 Aug 2010     

teresapr
Portugal

only those members who logged in the website during the last 30 days-
I �m sorry but I have to disagree with this part. Sometimes people don �t log in within that time limit as they may be busy, sick...and send very valuable contributions when they have time.I think time limits may be not fair!

27 Aug 2010     

victor
Spain

Hi,

The reason is this:
Most of the names that we see on the birthdays list, are people who registered once but never came back, and will never come back. They will never read the birthday wishes, anyway.
The idea is not to punish the least active users. The idea is to send messages only to the users who will actually read them.

Hugs,

Victor

27 Aug 2010     

teresapr
Portugal

Then it seems fine to me!Have a nice day Victor and thanks for your prompt help!

27 Aug 2010     

victor
Spain

I �ve just changed the filter to "all users with over 0 points", and the list is still quite short. So I think it is better now, because we can give a warm welcome to new users, and the list is not too long.

27 Aug 2010     

Olindalima ( F )
Portugal

Hi Victor

First of all, forgive me, I always have my mouth stick to my heart.

Then, just let me tell you it �s much better this way, although... sorry, I have over reacted, I am doing around with so many problems that.. I think I lost my temper, well, I lost it, for sure.
I shouldn�t even have reffered that thing about the church service, moreover because now I have some two other hard problems to deal. It�s ssooooo sad when people are leaving us

Hope you can understand, I am a little down with all these things happening at the same time.
Sorry,  and a big thank you
linda

28 Aug 2010     

juliag
Japan

Hi Victor and all,

Think it �s great now, and leaving out the users with zero points seems totally fair as they haven �t contributed anything to us yet.

Thank you once again for everything you do to make this site better Victor.

28 Aug 2010     

< Previous   1    2