Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > School year in your country    

School year in your country

Joeyb1
South Africa

Hi Manonski

In South Africa our school year begins mid January and end at the beginning of December.  We have four school terms (with four holidays) during the year.  The terms are approximately 50 days each.  We have school on Mondays to Fridays.

Our Foundation Phase learners (Grade R-3) remain at school from 7.30/8.00 to 12.30/13.00.
Our older learners have 45 minute lessons from 7.30/8.00 to 14.15.

Subjects for the young learners are:  Literacy, Numeracy and Life Skills.
Subjects for the older learners are:  Languages, Mathematics, Natural Sciences, Technology, Social Sciences, Arts and culture, Life Orientation and Economic and Management Sciences.

The number of learners in each class in the government schools vary from 30-48.  Each school has its own uniform  Extra-murals such as different sports or cultural events are provided in the afternoons after school.

If you have any more questions please pm me. I am looking forward to your ws.  Thumbs Up

Kind Regards,
Joey

28 Aug 2010     

Denisa
Romania

A pm on your way...
Hugs,
Denisa

29 Aug 2010     

manonski (f)
Canada

Wow... thank you for the pms and the posts here. It is so interesting to learn all about you. I �m pretty sure my students will love comparing their own life with others.

29 Aug 2010     

< Previous   1    2