Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Riddles and brainteasers    

Riddles and brainteasers

viccxx
Greece

Riddles and brainteasers

This Is not the place for it, I know but I just did this test on the Internet and used the questions  for my private students and it was hilarious... They are begging me to get them more. I would like to make a worksheet with riddles and brainteasers but I don �t know what to do. A reading comprehension again? And what about exercises. Has any of you PLEASE got any ideas??

This is a sample of the riddles(I;m not writing the answers I �ll let you find them):
Ok here goes:

You have just passed the person in second place in a race. What place are you now?

You have just passed the last person in the race. What position are you now?

A doctor and a boy go fishing. The doctor is not the boy �s father but the boy is the doctor �s son. How is that possible?

Thanks in advance for all the help people!

29 Aug 2010      

valentinaper
Greece

Hi!
I uploaded a ws that you may find useful... the title is: Murder mystery and it will be in tommorow �s recent contributions.
You said that you didn �t want another reading comprehension but that �s the only one I could think of. Hope it �s helpful!

29 Aug 2010