Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Is there any abbreviation fot the word teacher???    

Is there any abbreviation fot the word teacher???

Pretty3
Saudi Arabia

Is there any abbreviation fot the word teacher???

Hi,

Can you tell me if there is any abbreviation fot the word teacher like docotr ; DR. ??

Can we say T.       e.g. T. Sara ????????????????

29 Aug 2010      

jeeen
United Arab Emirates

hi dear

for me We always use the abbreviation T to write in our lesson plan and we use Ts for the plural of the word teachers and T for the singular word teacher. For students we use this abbreviation (SS).

nice to meet someone fro saudi Arabia

29 Aug 2010     

SueThom
United States

Within the teaching community and in context (e.g. a lesson plan), "T" is generally understood to mean "teacher".  However, outside of that rather narrow set of circumstances and people, I am unaware of any such abbreviation.  "Dr." is as well-recognized and taught as "Mr.", "Mrs.", "Miss", and "Ms.", but I �ve never seen anything regarding "teacher".

The closest thing I can think of is "Prof." for professor, but that almost invariably refers to a tenured (usually), full-time professor at a university.  It �s not actually a title, in the sense that doctor is (a degree that is permanently awarded to a particular person), but a position or job title (a person is paid for fulfilling the responsibilities of that position for a period of time).  If a person retired after holding a professorship for many years, former students or close friends might continue to refer to him/her using that title out of respect, especially if the person were particularly well-regarded.  This would be similar to a person long retired from the military being called by the highest rank they achieved (e.g. colonel, admiral).

Hope that helps.

Sue

29 Aug 2010     

Mouna mch
Algeria

Hi,

Here in Algeria we use �T� to refer to teacher in our preparation sheets, too� but I don�t think that this �T �functions like �Dr�! Personally, I wouldn�t use it�

29 Aug 2010     

yanogator
United States

In addition, we don �t use Teacher as a title, as we do with Doctor. He is Dr. Smith, but not Teacher Smith.

Bruce

29 Aug 2010     

pauguzman
Argentina

If I have to write a note to my students� parents I usually sign Miss Paula.
 Here, we say Miss to refer to female teachers and Sr. to  male teachers

29 Aug 2010     

Pretty3
Saudi Arabia

Can we use Miss for married female teahcers??

29 Aug 2010     

franknbea
United Kingdom

Hi,

As far as I can remember all my female teachers were married but we still called them �Miss �.

29 Aug 2010