Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Silly Question    

Silly Question

franknbea
United Kingdom

Silly Question

Hi All!
I was in the middle of creating a work sheet when I suddenly wondered if it would be acceptable or not.
So my question is; Can we upload worksheets for adults only?
I don �t mean anything vulgar, but something about alcohol or other adult targeted materials?
I don �t want to be accused of encouraging minors to drink so I thought I �d ask.
Thanks in advance
Frank

For Victor

Should we have extra ages in the minimun age section so that if we upload something for adults we don �t enter 14 to 14+?
I don �t know if that is possible and if it is, is it too much work?
Just curious
Thanks

29 Aug 2010      

ELOJOLIE274
France

sure you can!
you should just say that it �s for adults in your worksheet �s description!
have a nice day!
Elodie

29 Aug 2010     

SueThom
United States

I agree:  just note it in your WS �s description.

Most of the WSs here appear to be targeted for children or maybe teens.  I really appreciate being able to offer adult students WSs that are designed for them and address topics and issues of significance to them, but it�s difficult to find material like that.  When adult students have strong opinions about an issue or experience with the subject matter, they get much more involved in class and are more willing to practice communicating in English...and isn �t that the whole point?Smile

I�m looking forward to your WS, Frank!

Sue

29 Aug 2010     

baiba
Latvia

Go ahead with it Frank!
Senior students need more controversial and debatable worksheets!

29 Aug 2010     

anitarobi
Croatia

agreed - just say so in the description...

29 Aug 2010     

franknbea
United Kingdom

For Victor

Should we have extra ages in the minimun age section so that if we upload something for adults we don �t enter 14 to 14+?
I don �t know if that is possible and if it is, is it too much work?
Just curious
Thanks

29 Aug 2010     

lovemykids
Uruguay

Hi frank! I definitely agree, it �s great to have material that can be interesting for adults. We are always trying to get them involved, aren �t we?
big hug

29 Aug 2010     

viccxx
Greece

Hi!

I know just what you mean. I have a couple of adult students and the other day we were descussing work ethics, particularly in science. So I made a worksheet with the top ten evil geniuses like Mengele and such. It was certainly NOT for kids, not even older teenagers. I didn �t upload it here because I was afraid it wasn �t appropriate or acceptable. BUT if there was an adults category, it would fit right in.

30 Aug 2010     

douglas
United States

If you look back at past worksheets you will even find one on the "F" word.  I �m sure you �re okay.

30 Aug 2010