Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > What do your student call you ?    

What do your student call you ?

pauguzman
Argentina

Well, all female teachers are called Miss + their first name, whether they are married or not. In private institutes I �m Miss Paula, and at state schools I �m just profe ( the short for teacher)...and sometimes my little students called me mum..!! LOL they feel so embarrased for the confusion and I laugh a lot

30 Aug 2010     

Lina Ladybird
Germany

All the kids call me by my first name, e. g. "Silke, can we play that game from last week again?" (I don�t work at a "normal" school though; I give private lessons to children only.)

My adult students also call me by my first name, except for the ones in companies when I teach them Business English. After a while, we might call each other by our first names though.

In public schools female teachers are addressed as "Frau X" (Ms or Mrs X); nobody says "Fr�ulein X" (Miss X) any more, because nowadays it�s not considered politically correct. Wink Male teachers are called "Herr X" (Mr X).

30 Aug 2010     

Errie
Japan

Here in Japan they call you � �sensei � � (teacher) regardless in what kind of school you teach for as far as I know that is. I run my own school and I tell all my students to call me by my first name.

30 Aug 2010     

mrlypy
Brazil

here in brazil they call teachers professor for portuguese and other subject teachers but for english teachers they call us teacher.

30 Aug 2010     

teacher jessie
Argentina

In the private institute they call me teacher. Adults call me my name. At public schools they call me se�ora or teacher. But when I �m not present I �m "la vieja de ingl�s" although I �m only 32...
p/s Vieja means old

30 Aug 2010     

< Previous   1    2