Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Make suggestions, report errors > OLDER PRINTABLES    

OLDER PRINTABLES

GIOVANNI
Canada

OLDER PRINTABLES

I have a suggestion to make.  I have seen this posted before but I have never seen a response.  We have a lot of hidden treasures on this site approximately 97,703 printables.  Many of us will never have a chance to see these printables due to a lack of time.  Perhaps it would be possible to put a few of these printables with the daily printables each day.  I certainly would not mind giving up points for printables that I need.  What do you think?  Do you think this is a good idea and do you think that once again we are putting more work on Victor�s shoulders?

28 Nov 2008      

Zora
Canada

I totally agree with you Giovanni, it has even been talked about in a few discussions but nothing came of it. I personally think that if we did this, we would also probably cut down on some of the amount of stealing because people could download old stuff, without using their points up, as well as the newer stuff.

28 Nov 2008     

victor
Spain

Well, i think there are lots of new printables every day (over 500). If we add more worksheets to that list, it will be difficult for us to have a look at all them, and that will be a disadvantage for new contributors.

28 Nov 2008     

Zora
Canada

How about allowing us to download then, let�s say 5, old printables a day? Is that even possible do do?

28 Nov 2008     

wolfy
Chile

I don�t think i�s necessary to add old printables to the free downloads except maybe the tutorials by frenchfrog. �I would like to see a rating sytem where user rate ws (1 - 10 for example) that would allow me to look for the best rated ws (obviously you shouldn�t be able to rate your own ws.

29 Nov 2008     

alien boy
Japan

i like that idea kevinwolfenden.

I know having a user rating would make it a lot easier for me when looking for sheets. It may, however, direct people to the older worksheets & more experienced members at the expense of newer or less frequently uploading members.

The idea of having free tutorials available (like those written by frenchfrog, for example) to all visitors to the site may help enhance the overall quality of members� uploads. Perhaps a group of tutorials should be provided on registration as the initial freebie?

29 Nov 2008     

aftab57
United Kingdom

I agree with Victor and would suggest that premier members use some of their 30 free downloads to help new members by downloading their worksheets. There is a way which could benefit members old and new. I have browes the members and their are hundreds of them with thousands points or above. I would suggest that they use some of these points to help those with low points by downloading their new contributions. As these new members accumulate points they can then use them to download some of the old �hidden treasures� and i know there are thousand of these waiting to be downloaded. this simple action will kead to a win-win solutio to all of us, The members with large number of points will get heir points back as people start downloading their old worksheets and the new members will have some quality worksheets to use with their learners. The real objective of this site I believe is to enhance the learner motivation so they can acquire the English language. Does this make any sense?

29 Nov 2008     

GIOVANNI
Canada

What you say Aftab57 makes a lot of sense.  Almost everyday I download worksheets that I don�t need to give points to new members.  For me its not a matter of making points.   I just feel that there are a lot of worksheets that have been overlooked because people just don�t have the time to go through the vast amount that is available. When I first joined the site, it had this but only for the most downloaded worksheets.   I just thought that if Victor put in about 5 of the older worksheets per day  it would be a good idea. I don�t think it would be necessary to give points for the older worksheets.  Like you said this site is to enhance learner motivation. It�s not about accumulating points.

29 Nov 2008     

eng789
Israel

Although I�m sure it is difficult to do,  I agree with GIOVANNI , I�d love to see some old stuff come up with the new.  I have tried going through the ones dealing with reading, but it takes tons of time to sift through them.
We are probably missing out on some really good  material.

30 Nov 2008     

aftab57
United Kingdom

In another thread �downloading old worksheets� there has been some further discussion n this point. Please have a look and write what you think of the ideas. Mietz made an excellent suggestion which needs to be taken seriously.

4 Dec 2008