Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Games, activities and teaching ideas > Word of the Day    

Word of the Day

franknbea
United Kingdom

Word of the Day

Good Morning All!
Todays word is; Jentacular
No dictionary definitions please, but all serious or not so serious guesses welcome.
A poem of your own choosing forthe funniest answer.

30 Aug 2010      

Greek Professor
Greece

Good Morning from hot Greece...
Hope everyone is fine...

Umm.....Frank...this word sounds a bit rude to me...ha ha ha Wink....!!!!!

30 Aug 2010     

Olindalima ( F )
Portugal

Good morning all
I can say good morning today, I started waking up  a little earlier to get used for next days of back to school.

Well, my best try:
Jen - obviously must refer to Jennifer ( Lopez ??? )
tentacular - that �s what we use for octopuses � legs.
So, Frank, may be you are dreaming about a wonderful girl with marvelous legs. ( more than usual )

Hope you don �t mind me joking,
linda

30 Aug 2010     

stexstme
France

Morning all!

I once thought - a long time ago ;o) - I shouldn �t have taken Latin ...Wink...Poor Latin teacher!!! Jentaculum = Breakfast. Sooooo, maybe has to do with breakfast ????

Or am I wrong - again ?!
Have a nice day,
Sylvie

30 Aug 2010     

Apodo
Australia

Sounds like a spectacular gentleman!

30 Aug 2010     

mariannina
Italy

Apodo it sounds like jam to me and the temptation you have when a jar of it is in the fridge! Maybe the word is related to breakfast or tea (oh, my! Again eating, eating, eating...I �m really influenced by food Embarrassed
Ciao

30 Aug 2010     

Lina Ladybird
Germany

"Jenta" sounds like "gentle" and "cular" sounds like "collar" to me, so it must be a gentle collar, that is made of a very soft material and doesn �t scratch your neck!!

30 Aug 2010     

guizmow
France

Jent may allude to Gents with a spelling mistake and cular to spectacular : so it must be spectacular gents, lol!!!!

30 Aug 2010     

douglas
United States

"jocular" is merry or funny.

jentacular sounds like it could have something to do with off-color or "not funny" humor.

30 Aug 2010     

almaz
United Kingdom

It is a coinage of the great American prude and snob, The Rev. Dr. Hiram J. Oddburger (1805 - 1899), who came up with a word to distinguish a gentleman �s "particulars" from that of a common tradesman.
[see also �genticles �]

30 Aug 2010     

viccxx
Greece

I rembmeber that word Jentaculum= breakfast but from an issue of Asterix! Maybe it �s a spectacular breakfast...

other than that it remind me a bit of  rectangular. So maybe it a shape Jentac-ular  maybe a shape like a jentai knight?

30 Aug 2010     

1    2    Next >