Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Goodbye to adult students    

Goodbye to adult students

annabelle1654
Germany

Goodbye to adult students

Hello all,

It will be the last day of class for a group of two students and I was wondering what I should do.  I �m bringing a lesson, so they get their money �s worth, but I �d like to end on a happy note. Any suggestions for basically a one on one with two?

Warmest regards,
Belles

30 Aug 2010      

anitarobi
Croatia

Have you tried writing a chain story with them? Have various words written on small papers and place them in a box. Have one pen and one paper ready. Pull out one word from the box and make a sentence with it (e. g. carrot - Once upon a time there was a girl who hated carrots.) Then hand the paper and pen over to your student 1 and have him pull out a word and add to the story (e. g. car - The girl could only eat carrots while driving a car. - the story can be as silly as you like it). Then student 2 gets the paper and pen and pulls out a word and adds to the story (bananas - But one day she met a car driver who hated bananas.). Then it �s your turn again. It �s fun, can be almost completely meaningless, but it �s actually a very good type of practice, and the chain method keeps you all somehow bonded. You �ll get laughs, just don �t let them write sth too serious.

30 Aug 2010     

Lina Ladybird
Germany

Hey, Belles! :))

Will you give them some kind of certificate? From my experience I know that adults simply LOVE to get a certificate which will always make them remember your funny lessons and that they can show to others - just like a child proudly showing one of its drawings to its mother!! LOL

In addition, I always give a little present to those students leaving me. Make sure it �s related to learning English though! ;)

All the best to you and your 2 successful students - Silke

30 Aug 2010