Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Does anybody know why the system doesn īt let me show the different kind of letters that I use in my ppts and ws?    

Does anybody know why the system doesn īt let me show the different kind of letters that I use in my ppts and ws?

carinanee
Spain

Does anybody know why the system doesn īt let me show the different kind of letters that I use in my ppts and ws?

Hi dear colleagues! I īm kind of worried since I īve been working a lot with different types of fonts and then when I see my work posted here I realized that the types of letters don īt show. Has this happened to you? Is there any way to solve this? Please if you have downloaded any of my last ppts, let me know if you are able to see the different kind of letters on your computer. Thanks in advance for your help! Have a nice day!

2 Sep 2010      

Fernandez
Spain

Probably because you are using a type of font that is not standard. For another computer, let īs say, to recognize the font you use it has to have it installed, otherwise in order to recognize the written text it will change it to a font that is already in the system.
I am not sure if I am clear enough.
It doesn īt mean that there is any problem with your document, simply that the font is not in the operating system. It may change the size of the font and the format of your text as a result of the adaptation to the new font.
Try using a more standard font and you may be luckier!
I hope this is helpful, although I think I might have made it worse......!!!

Good luck!

2 Sep 2010     

viccxx
Greece

If you want others to see the worksheet exactly as it was designed there is a option in the save as window to imbed the fonts you used in the document, i.e. the font gets saved along with the document. It greatly increases the file size though...

2 Sep 2010     

s.lefevre
Brazil

If you want to use different fonts in a title, you can use word art It will be like a picture and everybody can see it.

2 Sep 2010     

edrodmedina
United States

What I do when I have a different or strange font that is not common and I want to use it in a PPT I first write whatever it is in the font I like then convert to picture as I did below. You might have to trim it as it seems to acquire large borders. Ed

2 Sep 2010     

carinanee
Spain

thanks a buch dear friends for your advice! Have a nice day!

2 Sep 2010