Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Interactive White Boards    

Interactive White Boards

mariamit
Greece

Interactive White Boards

Hi everyone,
I returned from my holidays a couple of days ago and was informed that our school will be using Interactive White Boards. I would like to hear from those of you who have experiences on how you use these boards. I don �t need material and I �ve seen demonstrations but I want real class experiences from those that use these in class on a day today basis. If possible, can you PM me?  Thanks in advance

For those who are just beginning the school year good luck . MAy it be fruitful and productive for all of us.

Maria

2 Sep 2010      

kodora
Greece

Lucky you!
Have a nice school year.
Dora

2 Sep 2010     

olaola
Italy

I sent you a pm

2 Sep 2010     

elderberrywine
Germany

why send pms? I �d be very interested to hear how colleagues use whiteboards, too. We have got several in our school, but they scare me! 

2 Sep 2010     

nika114
Greece

Kodora,
Thank God you had the question.But I have one question of my own:From what I was shown,it mostly thr nooks the company has as Express Publishing.What kind of material can a teacher add and make and with what software? Do you or somebody does??
Thanks
nika114 

2 Sep 2010     

nika114
Greece

Sorry for my mistakes in previous post!!

2 Sep 2010     

stexstme
France

Hi!
I agree with Elderberrywine : I �d be really interested to read you all - though we do not have an IWB yet .
Sylvie 

2 Sep 2010     

perma
Greece

there �s this link posted by someone else some time ago http://gettingsmarterwithsmartboards.blogspot.com/ and you might also find useful stuff here http://www.exchange.smarttech.com/search.html?sbj=esl 

they put smartboards last year at my school but only in 3 classrooms which naturally all the teachers wanted to use, so i haven �t really used them that much. 

You can surely use some of the activities they probably gave you along with the software (or those found on the net), you can install the software at home and prepare presentations and quizzes of your own and you can use it as a regular board with some advantages: you can scroll back and forth through the pages you �ve written, you can save what you �ve written to use it again later (with another class or to revise). 

You can use it as a big computer screen, that all your students can see: you can show word documents, ppts etc without giving out photocopies, even watch videos. If the class computer has internet connection, you �re very lucky! You can show them loads of online material, games, quizzes and so on. You can also insert hyperlinks to sites in your presentations. Ss will be impressed!

Generally the kids loved it because it was something new, active, colourful, although I �m sure I could have done much more with it! But I �m still learning Tongue

2 Sep 2010     

Greek Professor
Greece

Hi everyone...
Well a smart board is nice...Since you �ve seen a presentation Maria...you know what it can do...I �ve been using it for the last couple of years...I"m not really crazy about it but it can help...The are publishers who have already made their own work to accompany the book...all ok...but there are books that don �t have interactive stuff....so you HAVE to make your own...Now..of course this takes up alot of time..espescially if you want to impress your students...Making ppts...is the best....b/c students get up and press the correct answer with the pen...but only one student at a time can do this...and of course you have to be careful not to drop the pen...
Anyway...one good thing is that if you have sme spare time you can always plug in your USB stick into the pc and present what oyu have on the IB...

The younger kids love it....Oh..In my experience I found that sometimes the older students paid more attention...

What Perma says as well is correct....but when you don �t have internet connection...you have to do all the work yourself...at HOME...

Enjoy

2 Sep 2010