Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Techniques and methods in Language Teaching > RECIPES    

RECIPES

cristinacarre
Spain

RECIPES

Hello this year I have to start with a recipe project. the students are 7,8 and 9 years old.

Can you help me?.
I need easy recipes to do at school. and also easy ideas and exercices or game to do about the recipe.

thanks in advance.
cristina.

3 Sep 2010      

GIOVANNI
Canada

I did a project like that with my students.  I had them each bring in an easy recipe that they enjoyed or something easy from the internet.  We made a recipe booklet with all of the students � recipes.  I took a picture of the students and made a front page with the class picture on the front of the booklet  We then chose one of the recipes and made it in school.  I chose one of the ingredients from one of the recipes and looked up the history of that particular ingredient and did a reading comprehension exercise.  For example if the recipe calls for chocolate look up how chocolate is made and where it originally came from.
For a game you can ask one of the students what their favourite food is and then ask each person to repeat what is the person �s favourtie food is.  The list gets longer and longer as you go along and it gets harder and harder to remember. 

3 Sep 2010     

blunderbuster
Germany

How about a salad dressing like Caesar and its history as a reading comprehension? You could also make cornbread or burger buns, depending on the facilities that are available. Contact me via PM if you like my idea, I �ll give you further info then. 

3 Sep 2010     

clarinha
Portugal

Hello Cristina. I�m going to work several muffin/cupcakes recipes with my students. It�s something that students really like and than we will decorate them according to the holiday party. For example, with halloween we �re going to have "spider muffins".

3 Sep 2010     

teacher jessie
Argentina

A cooking lesson. Students describe their recipes while they cook for the audience. After they finish they can share the dish with the public. Fruit salad is a very easy one.

3 Sep 2010     

cristinacarre
Spain

thank you very much.
But do you know where I can find muffin recipe or other easy recipes.
thank you for your ideas

3 Sep 2010     

edrodmedina
United States

Recipes don �r necessarily have to be for edible stuff. Try this web site http://homeschooling.gomilpitas.com/extras/Gak.htm my students have made the different substances and they enjoy playing with them afterwards. Good Luck. Ed

3 Sep 2010     

mmbermejo
Spain

Yogurt fruit Salad. It is very easy. You can visit my school web and   you can listen to my children. http://cp.sanjuanbautista.madrid.educa.madrid.org/etw09/efood.pps

I am sorry by I was looking for the text, and I cannot find it. I hope it is useful.

3 Sep 2010     

lapaoiza
Argentina

This week we cooked PANCAKES... and they filled them with the sauces they liked...

In summer we make SANDWICHES, with slices of ham, cheese, tomatoes, some salami, lettuce... they put the ingredient they like the most!!

He have also prepared ALFAJORCITOS DE MAICENA... but I don�t know if there are some in your country...

Another idea, apart from fruit salad (which is great) is a fruit brochette... you cut the fruits in cubes and put them in a stick...

I hope you like these ideas... I have used them all and they are really funny!

Paola

4 Sep 2010     

yanogator
United States

Paola,
Are your alfajorcitos similar to the arepas of Venezuela?

Bruce

4 Sep 2010