Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > How to compress pictures?    

How to compress pictures?

ellakass
Israel

How to compress pictures?

Dear friends! How to compress ws with many pictures if the Word soesn �t compress enough for our allowed size? Thanks a lot.

4 Sep 2010      

kodora
Greece

You can resize pictures using Irfanview.Have a look at this tutorial:
http://www.eslprintables.com/printable.asp?id=275378#thetop
Dora

4 Sep 2010     

ellakass
Israel

Thank you very much!And to Zalida as well!

4 Sep 2010     

s.lefevre
Brazil

I use a programm called JPEG rezizer v2.1
You can google it and download it. it is really great.

4 Sep 2010     

Friedfam
Israel

I �ve started doing it like this.......

1. First copy the picture and past in PAINT (get there the first time by going to START - ALL PROGRAMES - ACCESSORIES)
2. Then in �Save as type � box as Jpeg file and save it on your desktop. This will reduce it a lot.
3. Now, on the desktop, open it with Microsoft Office Picture Manager. Edit it - �crop � and then try �compress �. I say �try � because sometimes the compress makes it pysically too small, sometimes it makes it bigger, you �ll see when you get to the compress page.
4. When you go out of Microsoft Office Picture Manager, you �ll want to save the changes you �ve made. Now copy your saved picture onto whatever worksheet you want.

It sounds complicated but I do it all the time and I find it to be a great system for resizing.

4 Sep 2010     

Jackie1952
Spain

Like Dora, I�m a great fan and user of irfanview..........it �s really simple to use.

4 Sep 2010