Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Open ended stories    

Open ended stories

heikeo53
Mexico

Open ended stories

Hello everybody,

I �m looking for open ended stories for intermediate students. I �ve already searched the net, but only found one in bogglesworld (the woman that slept 30 years).

Could somebody please help me?

Thanks in advance.

5 Sep 2010      

ELOJOLIE274
France

Hello
Roald Dahl �s short stories are perfect for you then! most of his short stories end in an ambiguous way, so that you can ask your students to write what �s going to happen next!
i �ve uploaded one here maybe it will help you!
have a nice day!
Elodie

5 Sep 2010     

a isabel
Portugal

Try the address below. My pupils loved it. There are pre- while and after reading activities.

http://www.teachingenglish.org.uk/try/britlit/whose-face-do-you-see

Hugs

5 Sep 2010     

baiba
Latvia

Hi Heike,

For this purpose you can choose any level-suitable short story and "cut" its end.
What I do is then ask my students to invent the end of the story, we compare them and I read to them the "real" ending.

5 Sep 2010     

anitarobi
Croatia

sending you a pm - I have some here at ESL, so if you like them, feel free to use them!

5 Sep 2010     

bhaveshvyas
India

hello,

let me share my trick, with the hope, it may help you.

i project such episodes which arouse them to talk more.. i narrate the episode except the endig. i give them the chance to think by giving such tasks initially in the homework. their imagination can go full throttle.
i think you can use similar challenges to your class room as per the need.

bhavesh vyas (india)

5 Sep 2010