Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Teaching English to Hotel Staff    

Teaching English to Hotel Staff

mstone201
Australia

Teaching English to Hotel Staff

Dear coleagues I �m about to start a job teaching to Hotel Staff. If any one can give me ANY information it would be fantastic!

Many Thanks

Mike

5 Sep 2010      

fletsch
Canada

Hey Mike

I taught hotel staff for about 6 months.  I introduced a lot of new vocabulary that they might come across when dealing with foreigners.  Then I would have them do many role plays in pairs and in groups.  I found that role plays were very useful.  There is also a lot of good info and many worksheets here on eslprintables that you could bring to your classes.  I also found that their English level really varied depending on their job title. 

Good luck...

5 Sep 2010     

martinasvabova
Czech Republic

This might help you :http://englishtips.org/1150822014-be-my-guest-english-for-the-hotel-industry.html

5 Sep 2010     

stuartallen77
China

Yo Fletsch,

Great advice! I agree, focus on things that will help them with their work and providing a better service to hotel guests. Here are two great lesson plans which are just for Hotel English:

Hope this helps,

Stuart

5 Sep 2010     

Lina Ladybird
Germany

Hi, Mike!

Check this site:

-  Silke

5 Sep 2010     

s.lefevre
Brazil

I have a book called Test Your Business English - Hotel and Catering by Alison Pohl
Series Editor: Nick Brieger.
There are lots of Vocabulary exercises et dialogues of all kinds. If you are interested I could scan the content page and one or two other pages, so you can see if you are interested. Contact me if you want to know more.

5 Sep 2010     

gloriawpai
Brazil

I used to teach hotel staff and I �d prepare some vocabulary related to each topic. For example, things in the bathroom: shaver, shampoo, shower cap, etc. Then I �d make them learn the vocabulary by using games, chants, role plays and through TPR. After consolidating the vocabulary, I �d start with dialogues using the words. For ex. Excuse me, I need some shampoo. Could you bring me another pillow, please? Also, you can ask your students what they need on their daily basis. Anyway, class should be very dynamic and fun. 

5 Sep 2010     

Mood4lov
France

I �m exactly in the same situation than you were!!

Hi S.Lefevre, I was wondering if you wouldn �t mind sending me 1 or 2 scanned pages of that book so I can make my mind up on buying it or not.

Thanks for the help guys, you �re great

6 Sep 2011