Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Language Center    

Language Center

Maggie7
Mexico

Language Center

Hello teachers,

I need your help. A friend and I were asked to open a school as a part of the university we work for, but we don�t have any idea of how to start it. What are the academic steps needed to set it up?

Thanks in advance.

7 Sep 2010      

Chriss-MX
Mexico

Pues debes hablarlo con la escuela primeramente, ubicar un sal�n o aulas, y aocndicionarlas, material didactico, grabadoras, discos, videos, organizaci�n administrativa, costos, que libro utilizarias, que diccionario les pedirias, cosas como esas ya las pensaron?

Posteriormente la promulgaci�n del centro de idiomas, y pues tener la idea que al principio tendras bien poquitos alumnos y si es por que buscas ganar m�s economicamente ten en cuenta que al principio la inversi�n es fuerte y las retribuciones tardaran en llegar.

It was a pleasure my friend.
I hope you find my info some useful.

8 Sep 2010     

manonski (f)
Canada

Hi Chriss,

I don �t speak Spanish. The forum is a place where English is the common language for everyone. I guess only a handful of people will find your answer useful... Too bad I �m not among them.

8 Sep 2010     

Maggie7
Mexico

Chriss-Mx,

I really thank you for answering my post and yes, we�ve already thought about the things you mentioned, but what I need is help related to objectives, contents, programs, and things like those. I don�t know how to do all that stuff and the correct order to do it. Does anyone have any idea?

Thank you

8 Sep 2010