Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > strategies for teaching writing to intermediate sts    

strategies for teaching writing to intermediate sts

lamyaa
Egypt

strategies for teaching writing to intermediate sts

Hi all,

I have to teach a writinig class for intermediate Sts. I need a good strategy to follow .Any ideas i could use ?

thanx!

8 Sep 2010      

anitarobi
Croatia

It always depends on their age, interests and how much time you have at hand. I always like to keep it interesting, creative, to start with games for inspiration, and then give some task which demands creativity but offers some guidelines. (If you check my printables, there are lots of writing games and creative writing ideas.) If they are teenagers, they also like working in pairs or on projects which will be either read aloud or displayed on posters. Interesting topics - that �s the key. People, kids and adults as well, love writing crime stories, mysteries, fairytales, even soap-opera scripts (trust me) - just give them some pictures and some vocabulary or grammar items they have to use (you can have them prepared on worksheets, or on big colorful papers and displayed around the classroom). Open-ended stories are also good for that level, because they get them in the mood, and prepare the set vocabulary in their heads, and it �s a lot easier to write then, and they love comparing endings when it �s over.

8 Sep 2010     

lamyaa
Egypt

thanks anita , u are a great help. i will go through your ws :)) Hug

9 Sep 2010