Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > What are you reading?     

What are you reading?

colibrita
United Kingdom

What are you reading?

Hi, everyone, I do love the book threads, they �re great for discovering new writers, so thought I �d start one. Plus it reveals perhaps a bit more about us which is cool....

How about sharing:

1.What you �ve just read:
2.What you �re reading right now:
3.What you would like to read next:

Me:

1. The Sugar Queen by Sarah Addison Allen  (preferred "Garden Spells" but enjoyable all the same.)  For fans of  romance, mystery and magic....

2. Botswana Time by Will Randall (I �m a major armchair traveller!)

3. The Time of My Life - Patrick Swayze �s bio. Though I didn �t find him very handsome or a great actor there was something very captivating about him.

Looking forward to hearing about your book choices.

Hugs

Colibrita

9 Sep 2010      

Amanda W
Austria

Hi Colibrita - nice idea,

I �ve just read The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society by Mary Ann Shaffer and Ann Barrows. It takes place on the Channel Island of Guernsey during the war. The whole book takes the form of a collection of letters so the storyline is told and pieced together through their content. We �re introduced to a set of adorable and believable characters. The whole story starts with an inscription in a book which lands in the hands of a man on the island...an early form of "Bookcrossing"?

Take care, MandySmile

9 Sep 2010     

ELOJOLIE274
France

Nice topic indeed!

i �ve just read Mary Higgins Clark �s latest novel - although it might not be the latest one she wrote, it �s the last novel she published in France (my mum buys her novels, and I read them when she �s done reading it)

i �m reading the complete collection of Roald Dahl �s short stories and so far i �m loving it!!!

what I would like to read next is... well it �s a tough question, i �ve heard "life of pi" is great... however Stephen King is coming to publish his next novel soon and since i �m a huge fan...

have a nice day!
Elodie

9 Sep 2010     

douglas
United States

Just read: a science fiction collection--I forget who the author was

Currently reading: Rheinhard Sprenger �s "Mythos Motivation" ( I have to teach the theory in the future)

Want to read:  I wish George R. Martin would come out with the last book of his series "Feast of Crows" (or something like that)

9 Sep 2010     

Lina Ladybird
Germany

1. What I�ve just read: The Bone Garden / Tess Gerritsen

2. What I �m reading right now: Whisper of the Dead / Simon Beckett

3. What I �d like to read next: The Program / Gregg Hurwitz

9 Sep 2010     

Minie
France

Nice idea !!!

1. What I �ve just read: Invisible by Paul Auster ( a bit disconcerting, but I like his writing)

2. What I �m reading now: The Neighbor by Lisa Gardner (I love detective stories and thrillers !!!)

3. What I �d like to read next: The End of the World as we Know it by Robert Goolrick

9 Sep 2010     

MartaZ
Poland

Hi :)

1. What I �ve just read: The Oxford Murders by Guillermo Martinez

What I �m reading now: When we were Orphans by Kazuo Ishiguro

What I �d like to read next: The Liar by Stephen Fry

Have a lovely day! Hugs,
Marta

9 Sep 2010     

viccxx
Greece

What I ve just read: The Island by Victoria Hislop, a great book, it is also being done into a TV series here in Greece so I �ll definetely be watching it all winter...

What I �m reading right now: both the Harry Potter series all over again ( I love to revisit books) and Graham Masterson �s Fire Spirit, A weird combination I know, the most blood curdling horror author and a kid �s saga together...What can I tell you. I could read a Harlequin next...I �m a book worm I read anything that comes within reach...

What I �d like to read next: I �m getting a strong urge to go back to my roots, so I �l probably read something from a Greek author... I don �t know what yet...

9 Sep 2010     

Jayho
Australia

I �m in a book club so at the moment I mainly just read for that unless I �m on hol �s

1. What I�ve just read: On The Road by Jack Kerouac
2. What I�m reading now: Half of a Yellow Sun by Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie
What I �ll read next: Papillon by Henry Cherierre

Cheers

Jayho

9 Sep 2010     

manonski (f)
Canada

Hey Minie, I �m reading the same book too!

What I �ve just read: Still Missing by Chevy Chase. My favourite book of 2010 so far.

What I �m reading: The Neighbor by Lisa Gardner

What I �ll read next: Room by Emma Donoghue. It was released this week but it �s already getting a big buzz on some books websites that I visit.

9 Sep 2010     

Isabel L
Spain

I �ve just read Cain by Jos� Saramago
I �m reading The Road by Cormac McCarthy
Next, I �ll probably read Playing the Enemy by John Carlin

Nice evening everyone

9 Sep 2010