Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > dictionary of modern slang and newly invented words    

dictionary of modern slang and newly invented words

MarionG
Netherlands

dictionary of modern slang and newly invented words

Inspired by Franknbea �s great game on this forum I lately roam the net for interesting words. I came accross a real gem: the Urban dictionary. It is a kind of very modern slang dictionary. Be warned, it �s kind of coarse...
check it out..

9 Sep 2010      

Lina Ladybird
Germany

I can confirm that, because I �ve been using this website for the past 2 years - it �s really good!

9 Sep 2010     

Greek Professor
Greece

Hi everyone...

Oh yes...I agree with you both....Have been uusing it for a a couple of years as well...
and it �s really good

9 Sep 2010     

S.Reisner
Brazil

As a translator Portuguese/English, I �ve been using it for some time. It �s very useful when you translate dialogues since that �s when people use an extremely coloquial language.

9 Sep 2010     

aliciapc
Uruguay

I had never seen it before, will check it out, thank you , Marion !

9 Sep 2010     

EnioTigre
Argentina

it`s great!! i haven`t seen this web site before. THanks for sharing Marion!!

9 Sep 2010     

hdefined
United States

Merriam-Webster.com recently released a new section on new words and slang. It �s not connected to their main dictionary section, so a search in the main dictionary for a new or slang word might not produce any results. They have to be searched by topic or alphabetically, but at least their definitions are treated as if they were real or established words.

10 Sep 2010