Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Classroom language    

Classroom language

inspiration
Morocco

Classroom language

Salam dear all.I �m stuck.I need a good worksheet about classroom language for complete beginners. I went through all worksheets to do with this , but didn �t like them , frankly speaking.
Thank you

10 Sep 2010      

juliag
Japan

Hi Inspiration,

When I can �t find exactly what I �m looking for amongst all the wonderful contributions here, I just go ahead and make it myself.

I �m afraid it �s the only solution unless you want to try another site or buy some resources from an shop that stocks esl resources.

Good luck whatever you decide to do!
Juliag

10 Sep 2010     

ELOJOLIE274
France

Inspiration,
don �t you think it �s a little rude to say you didn �t like our worksheets? frankly speaking, i wouldn �t dare say something like that on the forum... Maybe you didn �t found what you �re looking for, that doesn �t mean all those worksheets are not interesting...
as far as I �m concerned, when I can �t find a worksheet that would be suitable for my pupils, I create it! so I think you should follow Juliag �s advice!
Have a nice day!
Elodie

10 Sep 2010     

tastybrain
Taiwan

Actually, Elojolie, I don �t think it �s rude at all. He didn �t say they weren �t interesting, nor did he insult anyone. He simply said he didn �t like the ones he saw. Are all members required to LIKE everything? Give a guy a break.

On the other hand, I don �t see how we can help you, Inspiration, unless you give us a little, well, inspiration:  What exactly are you looking for in a classroom language WS for complete beginners. If you can �t be more specific, then (as suggested above) make it yourself!

10 Sep 2010     

inspiration
Morocco

I know guys that its not the right thing to say.I should have mulled it over before posting...I was in a hurry when I posted!  I wasn �t rude dearElodie We �re teachers and we are not here to critisize or parody one another or  belittle the  contributions of our creative teachers ! All I meant the ones I tried didn �t work well for me an my students.So sorry again. 

10 Sep 2010     

inspiration
Morocco

I hope all teachers were like you Tastbrain.What you said is exactly what I meant unlike what Elodie & Julia thought ! Thanks .I �m looking for simple , clear commonly classroom language.Thanks a lot in advance

10 Sep 2010     

ELOJOLIE274
France

Hello,

I didn �t mean to be rude myself, and i �m afraid you think of me as a bad person now... all i meant to say is "be careful with the words you used"... for me, when you wrote "I need a good worksheet about classroom language for complete beginners. I went through all worksheets to do with this , but didn �t like them" it felt like you had found no good ws here... maybe it was just the way you said it what bothered me...

let me give you some advice: sometimes, I download a ws because I like the idea/theme the author used, but the vocabulary is not exactly what I �m looking for, so I adapt the worksheet I downloaded. Why don �t you try to do that?

I �ve got a ws that may suit you - it �s a list of sentences pupils should know in 6e, 5e, 4e - considering they are beginners in 6e - I can �t upload it because it �s taken from a book and there �s some French on it (but it shouldn �t be a problem since you �re from Morocco, right?), but if you send me a PM with your email address, i �ll be happy to send it via email!

have a nice friday
Elodie

10 Sep 2010     

libertybelle
United States

In the US - we would politely say - I didn �t find what I was looking for.

That way, no one is offended.

10 Sep 2010     

juliag
Japan

Hi again,

Please do not make assumptions about what other people are thinking, I think it is unfair.
Much as you may not agree with me and you are free to disagree with me, I was only trying to help you by telling you what I would do in the same situation.

Why don �t you write a list of the specific phrases you are looking for in the worksheet? That will make it much easier for other teachers to let you know if they have the kind of worksheet you are looking for or not.

Great day to all, or night here actually
Julia

10 Sep 2010     

baiba
Latvia

Hello inspiration,

Have a look at these sites, maybe you find something useful there.

http://www.finchpark.com/courses/links/classroom.htm

http://www.welcometoenglishandfun.com/e-cards/images/bubbles.jpg (poster - click on the picture to zoom)

10 Sep 2010     

Mabdel
Morocco

Thanks a lot Baiba for the  links. They are so useful

10 Sep 2010