Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Helping Pakistanian People    

Helping Pakistanian People

t.javanshir
Australia

Helping Pakistanian People

Hello dear friends,

As you know there has recently been a flooding in Pakistan. Yesterday I was in a bank in the country were I live (Iran) and an elderly man was putting some money to the bank account declared by our country for those people who want to help poor Pakistanian people. He put about 210$ in the account. I was so impressed. I am going to go to the bank tomorrow and help Pakistanian people with the money that I have in my bank account too. 
How beautiful it is to help the people in need and to spare for the sake of God.
They are really in a bad condition; no food, no shelter. A great part of the country has gone under water.

I just don �t see how can some sit so relaxed at their home and other human beings suffer in another part of the world. Some of such people are really rich but...
How much one is affluent is not really important (and I �m not at all), what is important, however, is to improve the very spirit of helping the poor in ourselves, the people in need, and our brethren, no matter in which part of the world they be.
Everyone can help, even the littlest help can indeed be of great aid.
I �m sure that in every country when something like this happens the government declares some bank account numbers for those who want to help the people in need. Every one of us can be one of those people. 

I just wanted to share my ideas and know about yours. 

Please don �t hesitate to give me your beautiful comments.

Thank you,

Toofan

11 Sep 2010      

khaled696
Palestine

you are right brother
i think its all world duty to stand with those who cant find any food or shelter
if we dont have money we have hearts to pray and ask god to lift thier suffering soon Ameen 

11 Sep 2010     

MJ_Misa
Czech Republic

Hello, Toofan.

I feel very sorry what have been happening lately. Here, in the Czech Republic we had floods too. They were not so devastating like in Pakistan, but some towns were completely destroyed and many people has lost their homes. Even here are loads of great and generous people who help. Two days after the floods I was also sending some money and clothes, when my 9-year-old daughter came to me with her old school bag and some pocket money she had saved and asked me to send it too. I was so proud of her!!! Especially when it wasn �t the first time she did something like this. She also sent some money for people striked by the earthquake on Haiti several months ago.
This all made me think why these things happen. Unfortunately I am convinced we, humans, are the ones responsible for all these disasters. And until we start behaving more responsible towards our Earth, I am afraid things will go worse and worse.

I keep your country and all the people in my mind and wish you only the best from now on.

Greetings from the Czech Republic, Michaela

11 Sep 2010     

mariannina
Italy

In Italy various communities are collecting money to send over to Pakistan. Our hearts are with those people and it �s not easy, being warm, dry and comfortable in our houses, thinking of those thousands and thousands of children who are struggling for their lives!

11 Sep 2010     

franknbea
United Kingdom

Dear Friend,
about a month ago a very dear friend of mine who is from Mingora in Pakistan spent some time with me and informed me of the situation in his country. At that time his area of Pakistan was the worst hit. I understand it has spread since and the situation has become even more critical.
at the time I illiceted the help of the people who use the cafe on this site and we came up with quite a bit of material for my friend to take back to his brother �s school in pakistan. Only a gesture you might say but we had contributions from Japan, Lebanon, France, Italy, Poland, England, Mexico, Germany, Russia, Romania, Brazil and Australia.
My friend was awestruck!
And that was just a posting in the cafe asking for help.
Imagine what we could do if we really put our minds to it.
The thing that most people don �t realise is that EVERY LITTLE BIT DOES HELP!
and it doesn �t have to be money. Haven �t worn those new shoes you bought last month?
Go find a donating centre near you and give them.
Don �t have anything to give but have some time to spare?
Go to your nearest charity organization and offer assistance. IT IS THAT SIMPLE!
Today is September 11th!
One of the ways to make the ugly memory of that day a little more bearable is not by killing more people but helping the ones that live to stand on their own.
Enough preaching... just go and do what you can to help in your own way, and remember no effort is too small.

11 Sep 2010     

mariannina
Italy

Hug

12 Sep 2010     

ch&c-englishclasses
Peru

Hello, Toofan.

Im Cesar from Peru and I just want that all my prayers are with the people of your country,. �I can�t imagine the terrible pain and suffering you are experiencing in this moment. I urge all of my friends and teachers around the world to join us collectively to make a contribution or give in any way we can. We must act now. God bless you!

12 Sep 2010     

S.Reisner
Brazil

Dear friend,
I can only imagine the situation your people are facing. Here in Brazil these things are also frequent. I don`t know exactly how to help, but be sure that your people will be in my prayers.  

12 Sep 2010     

bijuthomas
India

hello dear brother .....

�Ok I dont have an another opinion .. They should be helped indeed ....

in our school also we collected money and sent it .. When I was in India when tsunami struck in 2004 I remember such huge fund collections..�

but ..let me remind all the readers ....�

do you believe all this money goes accurately to the needy? if had gone.. they would ve been rich ... still they are house-less, starving........ (wana proof from India and Maldives?)

greedy idiots are still plenty... even getting ready to demise parents for money..

there should be a social judgment....

let all the world be naturally socialized- as believed to be happened-the� flood in bible( Noha)..

all same .. no rich no poor .... a natural socialization..

sorry.................

�

12 Sep 2010     

t.javanshir
Australia

Hello Bijuthomas,

I �m pretty sure that whatever we help and give alms in our country Iran just reaches to the poor indeed. Since we are Muslims we are very much meticulous that the money of the poor reaches to them honestly. 

What is really important now is the intention you have. If you go with a good-will, be sure it is going to be helpful indeed. And of course, the moral and spiritual reward of what you do is much much more with God.

Of course we Muslims believe that whatever you give alms, God will give you much much more of that in reality.

I believe if you help, you will be helped when in need.

Anyway, what is now important is to help them, in whatever ways possible.

Some give money, some food, some clothes, some ...

And some don �t have money and they just pray for them

No difference! Everyone helps as much as he/she can.

This is my opinion.

Thank you all.

12 Sep 2010     

t.javanshir
Australia

Hello dear friends,

Just to drop you a line to say that it is not actually "MY" country!

I live in Iran not in Pakistan.

Thank you all once more for your beautiful comments.

12 Sep 2010     

1    2    Next >