Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Could you help me, please?    

Could you help me, please?

danka.michalkova
Czech Republic

Could you help me, please?

I would love to ask you for help. I am not totally sure about this sentence: An old soccer ball was soon passed around (into/behind/among/forward) the players, eventually to (throw/has been thrown/be thrown/have been thrown) - I would choose among .. and be thrown but I am not totally sure. And the last thing: Are you goint to the party? It�s going to be great, I believe. (You see/ I bet/You bet/It is not your day. I would choose I bet?
Thank you for your help.
Danka

13 Sep 2010      

blunderbuster
Germany

Yes! ;o)

13 Sep 2010     

danka.michalkova
Czech Republic

Thank you very much:) Have a great evening!

13 Sep 2010     

yanogator
United States

I think the answer to the second one is "You bet", which is an expression (especially in Minnesota, but definitely used all over) that means "definitely".

Are you going to the party? It �s going to be great, I believe.
You bet!

You �re correct on the first one.

Bruce

13 Sep 2010     

blunderbuster
Germany

Bruce, you are right, that is what I meant, I didn �t look at Danka �s answer properly. Sorry!!Embarrassed

EDIT: Thinking about it, why not "I bet", Bruce? It would show a little less conviction, but would it be incorrect? By the way, thank you so much for always being so helpful to everyone. Your always give wonderful answers.

13 Sep 2010