Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Reading books for children    

Reading books for children

chenchen_castrourdiales
Spain

Reading books for children

Dear colleagues,

Once again I ask for your help. This year I am teaching some low levels and I am finding it difficult to find graded reading books for them. I am looking for books covering just the tenses present simple and continious and past simple. Do you know any good book you usually use for this level?

On the other hand, I have a group of children who are 6 and I am looking for books similar to "The very hungry caterpillar". Can you recommend me any? Thanks in advanced.

13 Sep 2010      

manonski (f)
Canada

Here are my favourite books

-Chicka Chicka Boom Boom
- Click Clack Moo, Cows That Type
- Red Is Best
- Any Robert Munsch (my students love Mortimer, 50 Below Zero and Stephanie �s Ponytail)
- Eric Carle books
- Lemons Are Not Red
- There �s A Bird on Your Head
- Harold and the Purple Crayon

13 Sep 2010     

Cartuxa
Portugal

Try this site: readinga-z.com  , it has got loads of books from beginners to advanced students, they �re  leveled and you can find both fiction and non-fiction ones, so it �s very easy to find something you like!

14 Sep 2010     

cauffeepot
Benin

Scholastic offers a set of easy reading books called Alpha Tales, Grammar Tales, etc.. I quite like them and they �re a good investment.

14 Sep 2010     

Lina Ladybird
Germany

Indeed, cauffeepot, and you didn �t even say thank you to me for telling you about those books... Wink

Here �s your thread, which could be interesting for chenchen, too:

14 Sep 2010