Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Games, activities and teaching ideas > Word of the Day    

Word of the Day

baiba
Latvia

Tarantino or tarantulas, hmmmm, I prefer Tarantino (I liked Carina �s version)!

At some point in the past Tarantism was on the list of the Worthless Words For The Day, poor thing....

14 Sep 2010     

anaisabel001
Spain

Taranto =A flamenco dance accompanied by the "cante" (style of song)
-ism = practice

14 Sep 2010     

Zora
Canada

Tarantism - the study of tarantulas! 

14 Sep 2010     

stexstme
France

I �m sorry Carinaluc gave the right answer before I could.:o(( I �m a mad tarantist myself.Sulking, & going back to my reservoir with my dog & some pulp fiction.Pinch

14 Sep 2010     

GIOVANNI
Canada

tarantisim

ta = slang for to
rant = is a speech or text that does not present a calm argument

I suffer from tarantisim - I love ta rant and rave all day long. 

14 Sep 2010     

MarionG
Netherlands

Im with silke and apodo, it makes me think both of 1. tarantulas and 2. of the tarantella (used to dance in my younger years) add to that that I am clueless as to the meaning..
Put it all together and you get a blunder of the magnitude of dancing the tarantella with extremely hairy legs....

this would be used as a euphemism to indicate somone �s behaviour was embarassing;
Polite people would say: "she pulled quite a tarantism yesterday", less nice ones would add: "you should have seen how she sneezed her greasy lunch all over the inpector of the ministry of education"

14 Sep 2010     

< Previous   1    2