Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Games, activities and teaching ideas > Word of the day Answer    

Word of the day Answer

franknbea
United Kingdom

Word of the day Answer

Good Evening All!

Today �s word was; Misodoctakleidist
answer: someone who hates practising the piano

Very funny answers again today. Someone soon is going to compile all the funny answers from this game and turn them into a hilarious work sheet.
thanks for playing

15 Sep 2010      

moravc
Czech Republic

Wow! Never thought of that... I like playing the piano although I am not good at it... :-D
Thanks for the game!

16 Sep 2010     

zailda
Brazil

Hi!

Sorry to disturb you with silly questions, since you seem to be really busy having fun playing this game.

I �ve seen this posts on the forum lately but (I must be dumb or getting REALLY old) I have no idea what it is about. The "words of the day" are completely weird (for me, of course)...

Please, guys, let me have some fun (like you do) with this game. Please, give the directions to an old lady whose brain refuses to function properly after midnight or 10 hours of hard work (what comes first...).

Hugs

Zailda

16 Sep 2010     

Apodo
Australia

Well, the main idea is not to give a dictionary definition, but to try & guess what the word means.
Sometimes there are clues or parts of other words within the word  (Greek or Latin roots, suffixes, prefixes etc.). And if you have ABSOLUTELY NO IDEA well you simply make something up using these clues, or just the sounds in the word. Some people come up with hilarious suggestions - all logically explained of course.
(Then you find out the real meaning & have another laugh)
Most of the words are obscure, if not obsolete.

16 Sep 2010     

zailda
Brazil

Er... this part: "logically explained" may be difficult for me. Big smile

16 Sep 2010