Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Creating magazines/ newspapers with students     

Creating magazines/ newspapers with students

Samantha.esl
Italy

Creating magazines/ newspapers with students

Hello everyone,

I �m looking for ideas, suggestions from people who have made magazines or newspapers with students. I �d like to make a magazine with one of my groups and I don �t know how to start the project...

If you happen to have done this and have links or ideas to introduce students to the topic I �d be grateful!

Sam

16 Sep 2010      

manonski (f)
Canada

Hi Samantha

I found this link and it looks interesting.

16 Sep 2010     

stexstme
France

Hi!
Maybe not answering your question, ;o)) but here �s a tool I use quite a lot :
When studying the press, I usually have my students write an article on-line, & print it. ( not really a newspaper, though ;-S )

16 Sep 2010     

chokosaki
United States

To introduce them to it, I would bring in some magazines and let them find interesting articles and then present them to the class.  This would gain some sort of interest in that area.  You could also find out what the students are interested in and give them titles.  One student might be more interested in sports while another student might be more interested in creating a comic strip or writing a movie review.  You could also have one student do like an interview or poll.  Those could be a lot of fun.  Good luck!

16 Sep 2010     

Samantha.esl
Italy

Hi everyone! thank you for your suggestions!! I �m looking at them! Sorry I didn �t reply earlier but I �ve had to prepare so many things!!

Thanks!

16 Sep 2010