Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Stellar students    

Stellar students

chokosaki
United States

Stellar students

My school has recently come up with a program that they call Stellar Students.  Its essentially a student of the month award...with each month having a different contest for a certain area.  This months contest was for handwriting (tho really for the youngest group it was for tracing -_-;;).  I think this could be a good idea if the school does it right.  Next month (October) I am in charge of the competition.  However, Im not so sure what competition I want to do. 

I was thinking of doing a presentation (of a worksheet), singing, or a Show and Tell contest.  Students will be judged on clarity, fluency, body language, confidence, and a few other things.  Im wondering if anyone has any ideas for this sort of thing or has any experiences that you could share.  I was sort of "volunteered" for this without knowing it.  Yay!

16 Sep 2010      

manonski (f)
Canada

We do student of the week at my school and it �s not always about academics (as in good grades). Sometimes it �s also about attitude, behavior, and improvement.

16 Sep 2010     

chokosaki
United States

We do something like that too.  It �s the Model Student program.  Things like being at school on time, never quarreling, etc.  

16 Sep 2010     

SueThom
United States

What about individual or group lip-sync and/or dance routines?   All to songs in English, of course. Smile

16 Sep 2010     

joy2bill
Australia

Please make sure that it is possible for students who can never get any other awards to have a chance. So something like
*first hand up for a question (even if the answer is way off-beam) or
*bringing a pencil to school every day or
*quietest student or
*loudest singer or
*most craziest suggestion or
*giving a wrong answer that gave the teacher some ammunition for a new teaching point.
Good luck Joy

16 Sep 2010