Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Grammar and Linguistics > Year 2010 !!    

Year 2010 !!

Paul64
United Kingdom

Hey all,
Well all are correct, but
after 2009 we start to say twenty ten.

16 Sep 2010     

Larisa.
Russian Federation

Thank you, Linda! Thumbs Up Really a very interesting view.

I �m teaching my students �twenty-ten � and I didn �t even suppose that another way to say the year 2010 was also commonly used.

16 Sep 2010     

MarionG
Netherlands

OOps, I just today found myself saying we usually group years two by two but that in the case of 2010 it is soooo ugly to say �twenty ten � that I prefer �two thousand and ten �
Anyway did any of you notice "the grammar police never sleep" which brings us again back to the issue if �the police � is singular or plural..............

16 Sep 2010     

dawnmain
United Kingdom

I �m English. I say two thousand and ten.
However I remember when I was in England for Christmas there were articles in the press discussing the issue as no-one seemed to know what would happen in the New Year.
But I do remember Hilary Clinton saying twenty-ten. Doesn �t really matter I think.

16 Sep 2010     

Faurfab
France

Thank you all for your answers!!!!
I couldn �t thank you before because I had to go to hospital bacause when I was eatin, my upper lip started swelling!!!! I look like Frankestein and they still don �t know what �s happening to me!!!
Thanks again!
Have a nice evening!

16 Sep 2010     

hdefined
United States

"The "20" should have been pronounced "twenty" all along, he said, pointing out that every year in the 20th century was pronounced "nineteen something.""

No, this isn �t correct at all, or else everyone would have said "twenty one" for 2001, which wouldn �t have made any sense. "Twenty-oh-one" would�ve been just as confusing.

People have been doing it right. Only now do we have the option to use the two double-digit numerals without causing confusion.

17 Sep 2010     

< Previous   1    2