Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > I need an expression    

I need an expression

Yams
Argentina

I need an expression

hi!!!
I �m teaching a group of adults, and as they are very funny, responsible and great people, I finish my classes with a slang (something silly just to have fun) related to what you have been studying.

Today I �m explaining the causative. this morning I had some free time, and I had my hair cut..... The problem is that the hairdresser cut it toooooooooooooo short!! so, my question is, Is there any informal expression to say that the Censored hairdresser cut my hair and now I �m almost bald????????????

thanks!!

Yams

16 Sep 2010      

eng789
Israel

The barber/ hairdresser scalped me

to scalp �verb (used with object)
to cut or tear the scalp (upper part of head including hair)   from someones head.

16 Sep 2010     

franknbea
United Kingdom

Hi Yams

you could say; "I had a charity hair cut-donated my hair to the needy."
If they ask who the needy are you can always say, "The hairdresser and his wife."

One we used a lot as kids was "I fell alseep in the garden while dad was mowing the lawn."

16 Sep 2010     

eng789
Israel

"I fell alseep in the garden while dad was mowing the lawn."   nice : )

16 Sep 2010     

Yams
Argentina

thank you!!!!!!
there are some quite similar expressions in Spanish, but I wasn �t sure, they sounded like Spanglish when I translated them!

thank you sooooo much again!!!!

16 Sep 2010