Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > S.O.S ---- Can anyone help????    

S.O.S ---- Can anyone help????

Mar0919
Mexico

S.O.S ---- Can anyone help????

Hello everyone!!!! Well, with a few days on my hands cuz of National celebrations, I must admit I �m a work-a-holic!!! I �m preparing a workshop for my teachers to explain the easiest way possible, (yet again, and again) how we must adapt to competency-based teaching. This is a national requirement from the Board of Ed (SEP) in our country for all levels of learning, elementary, middle school and high school. But in my school, teachers don �t quite understand this concept yet. Any way, searching the internet for info, I came across a very interesting power point presentation, and besides the info on competences, names of the persons behind the theories are mentioned. One person is mentioned, whom I had not heard of before: JORDAN... this person has to do with significant learning. Chomsky, Piaget, Gardner were mentioned, just to name some... but, I had never heard of Jordan. I tried googling the name to see more information about him/her, so I myself can be more informed and be able to cite him/her, knowing who I �m talking about, but my search was useless without a first name. Has anyone heard of this person??? If so, please help me with a first name so I can find out more....

Thanks a bunch!!!

Mar

17 Sep 2010      

douglas
United States

Could be M I Jordan he did some stuff on learning theory, though it is hard to get a good description of it off the net.

(I get the impression that he is more of a statistician than a psychologist though.)

17 Sep 2010     

Mar0919
Mexico

This is more or less what the PPT says about him, maybe this will help someone relate to whom this person is:

JORDAN: Characterizes the atmosphere which encourages significant learning based on the following:
-Uses challenge as the main strentgh point
-Error is not relevant
-Learning is based on application and implementation (the ability to "do" is incorporated)
-Skills are developed for solving future problems insofar the present ones are being solved.

�Sound complicated? LOL

Hope someone has an IDEA who this is! hehehehe.... or else I �ll just have to delete this part of the presentation, I don �t like including info I �m not sure about....

Hugs,

Mar

17 Sep 2010     

Mar0919
Mexico

Any luck, anyone??? Cry

I �ll cross my fingers a little while longer, before I delete that part of the PPT...

Thank you Douglas for your post, I looked him up, but like you said, didn �t get anything really useful....

Hugs,

Mar

17 Sep 2010