Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Maintaining fonts and layout    

Maintaining fonts and layout

clocassar
Malta

Maintaining fonts and layout

Hi,

I am new to this site..... if not mistaken i cannot upload pdf files but only word documents .... but the fonts keep being replaced .... is there a way how to maintain my original layout and fonts?

19 Sep 2010      

blunderbuster
Germany

Hi,

Use common fonts, not all are supported by the system. Victor keeps udating them, though, as far as I know, SIL fonts are now also supported and this didn �t used to be like that.

Other than that, if you really want to use a font and are not sure of it is supported, turn it into a picture file and ...tadah.

19 Sep 2010     

clocassar
Malta

did not think of that .... thanks for the suggestion ... i will try that out :)

19 Sep 2010     

clocassar
Malta

did not think of that .... thanks for the suggestion ... i will try that out :)

19 Sep 2010     

s.lefevre
Brazil

If you want to use different fonts (in a title for instance )and  you want to keep them you can use word art because the title will be saved as if it were a picture.

19 Sep 2010     

juliag
Japan

I either save as a picture as Blunderbuster said, or for some fonts it works if you embed the fonts. You can find a step by step guide on how to do it  if you type "embed fonts in microsoft word" in yahoo/google etc.

Hope it helps and have a nice day!

19 Sep 2010