Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Make suggestions, report errors > British and American writers    

British and American writers

Cristiane Prates
Brazil

British and American writers

Dear friends, I �ve been thinking about something and would like to share this idea with you as well as make a suggestion.
I �m preparing a class about Virginia Woolf (of whom I �ve become a fan recently) and looked up some material about her here but couldn �t find much. Also, I �ve been missing those wonderful 4 skills lesson we used to prepare constantly.
Then I came up with this idea. Why not making 4 skills lessons about important writers of the English language?
In Brazil (or at least in the institutions I �ve worked) students lack this kind of information and I believe it �s unnaceptable for someone to finish an English course without having heard of Hemingway, Bram Stocker, etc. I always try to give some information about the authors before students get to read classicals.
So, I �m preparing this 4 skills lesson about Virginia Woolf, and possibly about Bram Stocker and Jack London.
What do you think? Would you like to join me in this idea?

19 Sep 2010      

wakebeauty
Brazil

What a great idea, I �ll be waiting to learn from these authors with your worksheets, coz I was one of the students you mentionedCry

Congrats for the brilliant ideaWink

20 Sep 2010     

Cristiane Prates
Brazil

Dear Wakebeauty, why not preparing some material about your favorite author, too?

20 Sep 2010     

Cristiane Prates
Brazil

Any volunteers?

20 Sep 2010