Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > I need your help plz     

I need your help plz

Teaching English
Morocco

I need your help plz

Can anyone identify the underlined phrase that is incorrect in these sentences; i would be grateful for doing so:

1- Many service personnel like being plumbers and repairmen charge high prices and do an adequate job unworthy of their qualifications.

2- The administration urged the lawmakers to adopt legislation requiring all passengers of motor vehicles which driven in the city to wear seat belts.

3- Organizations are being established nationwide to help people quit to smoke.

4- Educators are now recommending that resoning skills are emphasized in the classroom since recent tests indicate that many teachers in the past have ignored these skills.

5- the lengthy report was given more directly to responsible supervisor, who read it without haste.

THANKS IN ADVANCEWink

20 Sep 2010      

aliciapc
Uruguay

1. like being
2.which driven
3. to smoke
4. are emphasized
5. more directly

20 Sep 2010     

yanogator
United States

I agree with aliciapc �s list, but in #1, the whole sentence doesn �t make sense, and I would say that "job unworthy" is also incorrect.

Also, in #5, it should say "to a responsible supervisor".

Bruce

20 Sep 2010