Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Concerning powerpoints > powerpoint game that keeps score?    

powerpoint game that keeps score?

perma
Greece

powerpoint game that keeps score?

Hello everybody!
Just as the title says, I �m thinking of making a ppt game for my little ones and I thought it would be nice if it could keep the score somehow (e.g. "you �ve got 6 out of 10 answers" appearing at the end of the game)
Does anyone know if this can be done? If yes, can you give me a few guidelines or perhaps direct me to a ppt here on eslprintables that has such a feature, so I can see how it works? 
thank you!!!!!!!!!

21 Sep 2010      

foose1
United States

All you have to do is initially set up two text boxes.   One that will be the number and the other that will be the trigger or the button to push to increase the numbers.  Set number text fiel as 1 and have it fly in when the trigger button is pushed.  Copy the number button and change the one to two.  Set the trigger button as the the trigger and also don �t forget to set the fly in to be after the previous.  Bring the text to front and place it over the first text.  Repeat until you have all of the numbers you want.  You may set up another button to be come in as 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9.  You will now have a tenths text field and a single digit field.  You can only do this on one slide.  You will have to do this for the next text box, picture or object that you want to come into view.  For text fields or pictures you can place them outside the slide and bring them in on a separate trigger button.  I hope this helps.

John Foose
Kokopelli School Pathumthani, Thailand

21 Sep 2010     

foose1
United States

Check out the last two slides that I sent a couple of days ago.  They may be of help.

John

21 Sep 2010     

mrs_teach
Bulgaria

Try this http://www.eslprintables.com/powerpoint.asp?id=10587#thetop

21 Sep 2010     

perma
Greece

Thanks John!
I think I �ve got it. Checked out your ppt, too Thumbs Up
Your score system is not exactly what i had in mind, but it �s somewhere to start from!

Mrs_teach, that�s really interesting! Any hints as to how it works, please? Geek

21 Sep 2010