Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > oxford basic or intermediate    

oxford basic or intermediate

uyumlu
Turkey

oxford basic or intermediate

hi guys ı have just started a new school and i took the foreign language class the students are 16 years old and they are mostly at pre-intermidiate level. Actally there are 8 students but only two of them are really interested on language learning.
 I decided to choose english for real pre-intermediate book as a cousebook and effective reading 2 as areader but ı couldnn �t decide on a grammar book. Which one do you suggest oxford basic or intermediate

21 Sep 2010      

Lina Ladybird
Germany

Hi, uyumlu!

Well, if most of your students are not really motivated now, they have probably never been interested in learning English very much. Knowing that, I suppose in the past they haven �t been paying as much attention to grammar explanations as they should have. ;))

That �s why - at first - I would probably use a grammar book for elementary level with this class in order to repeat and reinforce certain grammar topics...

However, I have another suggestion: why don �t you wait just a few more weeks? You will have found out at what "grammar level" they really are by then, won �t you? Until then you could simply use materials from ESLP before buying a certain grammar book!

I hope it helps.

BTW, I can recommend this series to you ---> http://www.macmillanenglish.com/course.aspx?id=39920&producttypeid=28248 (English Grammar in Context).

There are 3 different levels. essential, intermediate and advanced. This means that the pre-intermediate level is already included in the essential grammar book; so you would have enough explanations and exercises for both elementary AND pre-intermediate level!! Wink

I have all 3 books, because I�ve taken an opportunity to buy them for 50 % of their normal price; and I like all 3 very much.

Here you can download some pages with all the tables of content of every book for free: http://www.macmillanenglish.com/BlankTemplate.aspx?id=49636 .

Good luck - Silke

21 Sep 2010