Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > SAT tests    

SAT tests

mish.cz
Czech Republic

SAT tests

Hello, dear colleagues,�

I �d like to ask a question about the SAT tests. When are they exactly� taken? In the last year of the secondary school? Or in the last but one? Are there more tests of this kind during the secondary school studies or is there just one? And is the system of testing the same in the whole US or is it different in different states?�

Thank you very much in advance,�

Have a nice day, Mish

22 Sep 2010      

douglas
United States

Last I knew, SATs were voluntary and I think I took mine my junior year (second to last school year), but I �m pretty sure you can take them earlier or later (your own choice).

22 Sep 2010     

mish.cz
Czech Republic

Thank you, Douglas, for your information. What is surprising to me is that they are voluntary, I thought that it is kind of certification showing that you have finished your secondary school studies.

22 Sep 2010     

Zora
Canada

SATs are for college or university, I believe. If you aren �t going to do a degree then they aren�t needed. 

22 Sep 2010     

yanogator
United States

Linda is right. They are used as a qualifying test for colleges and universities. Each college decides how to use the scores, to help them decide whether to accept a student.

They are usually taken before the high-school student �s last year, but can be taken later. Students usually begin applying to colleges near the beginning of their last year, so they need to have their scores already at that time.

Bruce

22 Sep 2010