Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Smart Board digital whiteboard    

Smart Board digital whiteboard

julivan
Spain

Smart Board digital whiteboard

Dear colleagues,

First of all, I �m a fan of this page and I check it every single day and use it in my classes too.

I have a very good suggestion for you. we need a new section in the website apart from printables, powerpoints and online exercises.
Ready for it? .... Ready? .... well, we really NEED a SmartBoard section. We are getting these wonderfull diginatl and tactil whiteboards to replace the conventional ones but we lack exercises !!!!
we would be great if we could all start to work on this. It �s not only the future of our classrooms but the present as well.

see ya all

22 Sep 2010      

lshorton99
China

This topic has come up more than once one the forums. The problem is that some people use smartboards, some use prometheous, some use ebeam - all the different IWB technologies use different software types - Victor would have to allow at least two or three different file extensions which would only be used by a fraction of this community. I would expect allowing .pptx and .docx file types to happen before anything IWB-related. There is only a limited amount of space on the server so I can �t imagine it being practical at the moment to allow file types which won �t be useful for the majority of people here - we �re a long way off it being standard for all schools worldwide!

Try this site - it �s new but it does alllow multiple file formats: http://www.elipool.es/

Lindsey

22 Sep 2010     

joy2bill
Australia

Although I agree I can see the difficulties.
It �s a pity as most of my work is done on asmartboard and I would love to share it. What I a doing is taking a smartboard exercise and where possible converting it into a worksheet to go on here.

I guess the answer is to put everything in a powerpoint as that can be used with the touch screen.
Cheers Joy

22 Sep 2010