Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Unseen text worksheets    

Unseen text worksheets

Tsila
Israel

Unseen text worksheets

I sometimes copy a text and translate (in the text) the difficult words to Hebrew. Is this considered something I can�t share in this site? I assume everyone can translate to his language. Also, if the text was not written by myself, but I mention the source and add my own questions and exercises, can I send it?

1 Dec 2008      

mena22
Portugal

Smile Good Morning Tsila! Sometimes, when there are some very difficult words which I believe most students won�t be able to find the meaningh through the contest, I add a vocabulary box with the translation in Portuguese. However, I (and my colleagues at school) prefer adding the vocabulary box with the definitions in English.

As for the 2nd question, of course you can send a text written by someone else. As you�ve said, you just have to add the source. Besides, we don�t have that kind of time to write our own texts whenever we need one. And I don�t think it�s appropriate either. After all most of us are not native speakers.

Have a wonderful Monday! In Portugal it�s a National Holiday!

1 Dec 2008     

wolfy
Chile

You should avoid translation and use English whenever possible, A definition box in English is good and you can also add example sentences and sinonyms.

1 Dec 2008     

eng789
Israel

Encourage your pupils to try to understand a text without understanding every word.  Try to explain the word in easier English and if nothing nothing works then you translate.  If you get them used to you translating they will drive you crazy asking you what words mean. 

1 Dec 2008     

Tsila
Israel

Thanks for all your answers. I will use your suggestions.

1 Dec 2008