Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Hello!!! Please, can anybody help me reading and correct the mistakes of my text? I really need your help... Thanks!!!    

Hello!!! Please, can anybody help me reading and correct the mistakes of my text? I really need your help... Thanks!!!

karina maroni
Brazil

Hello!!! Please, can anybody help me reading and correct the mistakes of my text? I really need your help... Thanks!!!

My first English teacher introduced me to English language through a dynamic and motivating teaching practice, so I fell in love with the language.  In an effort to improve my knowledge I attended a private English course simultaneously elementary and secondary education. Whereas I was enhancing my knowledge in English, I could realize the insecurity and lack of preparation of my high school English teacher who had poor fluency in English, and teaches in a monotonous way. Believing that I had potential and willing to make difference I decided to be an English teacher. I finished college in 2001. In 2002 I began teaching at an English course (for beginners). One year later, I started working for a private school. In 2003 I completed my specialization degree. In 2006 I was selected to work as an English teacher for Mato Grosso do Sul state.   As a public school teacher, I have worked with elementary, high school and Youth and Adults� education. During the time I have been taught English in a public school, I took part in several continuing education courses in English language and Educational technologies areas, aiming to improve my educational practice to face the challenges of teaching a foreign language in Brazil. Because despite the important role that the English teaching can fulfill in the democratization of knowledge, enhancing the access to other cultures and equalizing the social and professional opportunities,  in Brazil there is still much resistance and prejudice in the acquisition of a foreign language mainly for the popular classes (which mostly are our students), they have a distorted view, thinking the English language is far from their reality and do not have much prospect of working life, especially in the country towns, which is where I perform my job.
            I think the biggest challenge of the English teachers is to act effectively to reverse this situation, recovering the motivation from the popular classes, reviving their interests, showing them that the English teaching is not a neutral territory of knowledge, but may represent a fertile field of performance criticism, with purport and democratizing.
            It is not easy to work in a motivating and effective way,  because the daily school life, with numerous charges and depreciation of the English Language by students and even by some co-workers sometimes cause discouragement and weariness. In front of this reality I realize that continuing education is necessary for the English teachers perform their function better and better. Therefore I intend to continue investing in my professional career, participating in relevant courses in my acting area and make a Master to constantly improve my function.
            And I believe the participation in a program like this would play an important role in the construction of my identity like an English teacher, providing me many opportunities. Besides the rich cultural experience and to improve oral and written skills, learn new teaching techniques including new technologies that I consider essential for a quality education, improve technical methodology, lesson planning, knowledge application, among other skills, will surely help me to develop a shifter pedagogical practice able to reach a meaning and attractive teaching.

26 Sep 2010      

ldthemagicman
United Kingdom

Red = insert; Green = delete; Purple = change.

My first English teacher introduced me to the English language through  a  dynamic and motivating teaching practice, so I fell in love with the language.

In an effort to improve my knowledge I attended a private English course , taking elementary and secondary education simultaneously. Although I was enhancing my knowledge in English, I  could  realized the insecurity and lack of preparation of my high school English teacher who had poor fluency in English, and teaches taught in a monotonous way.

Believing that I had potential , and willing wishng to make difference   ,   I decided to be an English teacher. I finished college in 2001 and then In 2002 I began teaching at an English course (for beginners). One year later, I started working for a private school. In 2003 I completed my specialization degree.

In 2006 I was selected to work as an English teacher for Mato Grosso do Sul state.   As a public school teacher, I have worked with in elementary, high school and Youth and Adults� education. In addition, during the time I have been was being taught English in a public school, I took part in several continuing education courses in English Language and also in the areas of Educational Technologies.   areas, aiming I aimed to improve my educational practice to face the challenges of teaching a foreign language in Brazil. Because despite I recognise the important role that the English teaching teaching of English can fulfill in the democratization of knowledge, enhancing the access to other cultures and equalizing the social and professional opportunities.

In Brazil there is still much resistance and prejudice in to the acquisition of a foreign language mainly for the popular classes by ordinary people, (which mostly are who form the majority of our students), they People have a distorted view, thinking the English language is not for them and doesn�t have much connection with their is far from their reality and do not have much prospect of working life, especially in the country towns, which is where I perform my job.

I think that the biggest challenge of to the English teachers is to act effectively to reverse this situation.  We must recovering  the motivation from the popular classes, motivate the ordinary people, reviving revive their interests, showing and show them that the English teaching teaching of English is not a neutral territory of knowledge, but may represents a fertile field of performance criticism, with purport and democratizing. Is not neutral territory, but represents a fertile field of knowledge, opportunity, and purpose.

It is not easy to work in a motivating and effective way. because the Daily school life, with its numerous criticisms  numerous charges and depreciation of the English Language by students and even by some co-workers sometimes causes discouragement and weariness. In front of   Confronting this reality, I realize that continuing continued education is necessary for the English teachers to perform their function better and better. Therefore, I intend to continue investing in my professional career, participating in relevant courses in my acting area sphere of education and make eventually take a Master Master�s Degree to constantly improve my function. to continue improving my knowledge.

And I believe that the participation in a program like this would play an important role in the construction of my identity like as an English teacher, and provide providing me with many opportunities.

Besides the rich cultural experience and to improve oral and written skills, learn new teaching techniques including new technologies that I consider essential for a quality education, improve technical methodology, lesson planning, knowledge application, among other skills, will surely help me to develop a shifter??? pedagogical practice able to reach a meaning and attractive teaching.

I believe that the participation in a program such as this would play an important role in the construction of my identity as an English teacher.  In addition to the rich cultural experience, I will improve oral and written skills; lesson planning; the application of knowledge; and technical methodology.  Moreover, I will learn essential new teaching techniques and technologies that will give me a quality education.  These attributes will enable me to develop an excellent pedagogical background, from which I can deliver modern, attractive, meaningful lessons.

I trust that you will decide that I am a worthy candidate for this Course and that I possess all the necessary qualities.

26 Sep 2010     

Lina Ladybird
Germany

WOOOOOOOOOOOW!! Les, I think someone owes you a huge piece of cake and a big cup of coffee! ;))

27 Sep 2010