Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Behaviour chart    

Behaviour chart

rosammd
Spain

Behaviour chart

Hello!

A few days ago I asked you what you did to control your students behaviour in the classroom, and I �m still working on this!

At the beginning of the school year we created together a list of "classroom rules" (which I uploaded and then many of you downloaded). I created two posters, one of them with the actions to do and the other with what they shouldn �t do. And I sticked them in the classroom, so that it is visible for all children.

Now I would like to create a poster/chart to control whether students follow the rules or not, and I would like to have it for all the different subjects. But the thing is that I dont know how to do it, what to do when students follow the rules and what to do when they dont follow them. Could you help me please??

I would also like to see any chart you use in your classroom for behaviour management, could you please send them to me?? I dont know how to do them in a nice way.

Thanks,
Rosa

27 Sep 2010      

Carla74
Portugal

Hi, Rosa.

I use a trafic light that I made myself in black pasteboard with the three coloured circles on it. Then every pupil has his/her own clothes pin with his/her name written on it. Every class begins in the green circle and then clothes pin will change places, according to each pupil �s behaviour. They love it and... so far, so good!! :)

28 Sep 2010     

manonski (f)
Canada

I don �t really have a chart. Each class is a clean slate for my students.
If I see a child misbehave, he/she gets a warning.
Second warning, the name goes on the board.
Third warning, message to the parents. (memo or phone call)

Another possibilty is to discuss what is a privilege and a bad consequence for them. I have colleagues who hang posters of what is a good student and what is a good teacher according to discussion she has with her students. Together, they agree about privileges and consquences.

Another colleague of mine also has "reflecting about my behavior" sheets. Each sheet has questions such as "what I did ", "what I should have done", "next time I wil..." These sheet are then sent home for parents to sign.

In my school, teachers can send students to a "working room" at recess. We each take turns supervising that room. We don �t call it detention because students have to bring work to that room and do it quietly.

28 Sep 2010     

cauffeepot
Benin

I once saw a teacher give out tickets for good behavior and they were taken away for poor behaviour. The student at the end of the week with the most tickets got a prize, or something like that. Of course, my styudents take after me, so we �re all perfect.

28 Sep 2010