Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > I need your help, please!    

I need your help, please!

urpillay
Spain

I need your help, please!

Hi everybody,
I will start teaching English to an adult, absolut beginner student who wants to learn it for travelling. Which approaches, methods and techniques do you use in Survival English lessons? How do you apply them in one-to-one classes effectively?
I hope you can help me!
Thank you very much in advance

28 Sep 2010      

manonski (f)
Canada

Elinita, the forum is a public place where the common language is English. I am interested in the answers of this thread but I don �t speak Spanish. 

28 Sep 2010     

elenita
Spain

oook! Sorry, finally I broke the rules...

What I said was that he(she has to create the situation I mean: you are for example a taxi driver, and your classmate is the client ...first you have to give them the basic vocabulary and then when they know more or less that vocabulary, you create that situations ..in a restaurant, in an airport...

SORRY for talking in spanish! I am gonna remove my post :S

28 Sep 2010     

manonski (f)
Canada

Thank you! It �s appreciated

28 Sep 2010     

gloriawpai
Brazil

I teach vocabulary first, using flash cards, internet (google images), games, drills, brainstorming, etc I use TPR, for example, pick up the shirt, point to the fork, etc.
Next, I use dialogues, role plays, boardgames, erasing the sentence, etc Anyway, since it �s a very broad topic, pls feel free to contact me for further questions.

28 Sep 2010     

dawnmain
United Kingdom

I think bogglesworld had something interesting for this.
Im sure you will find a book on englishtips.org too.

I do - the verb to be
I am Joe Bloggs.  I am from Vigo in Spain.  My phone number is 22132212.
numbers, dates, countries, nationalities, presenting colleagues, time, transport, easy emails eg arranging a  meeting

I have posted some beginners worksheets which I have used in business one-to-one.

Most important - get you student speak�ng in the classes, he or she can do exercises at home.

28 Sep 2010