Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Games, activities and teaching ideas > dear fans-what do I do?    

dear fans-what do I do?

joy2bill
Australia

The trouble is the old saying "a little knowledge is dangerous".

Because the parents have all been to school themselves they have �experience � or �knowledge of school methods � and so they think they know what is best for their little darling.
They kinda forget that most teachers have studied �how to be a teacher � for a number of years (and we are still studying).

Cheers Joy

28 Sep 2010     

elderberrywine
Germany

pity you don �t get so upset when people complain about you here ... maybe we should run to the princiapal too... 

28 Sep 2010     

Stellam
Argentina

Hi dear cauffee!

Hug

Stella

28 Sep 2010     

cauffeepot
Benin

Hello, Miss Stellam! Boy, some comments are harsh.

29 Sep 2010     

douglas
United States

Part of the problem with teachers not getting anymore respect is that many have become a bunch of spoiled cry babies--crying about spending too much time in the classroom and not having enough time to prepare, not having enough days off, etc..  They expect the respect and privileges of a higher profession, but are not willing to accept the demands and responsibilities that come with it.  A job is something you do for a certain number of hours to earn money, a profession is a way of life that takes from your "private" life as well.

Douglas

29 Sep 2010     

elderberrywine
Germany

wow, douglas, that was extremely well said.
how amazing that on both sides of the ocean the situation seems to be identical !

you say teaching isn �t a job but a profession, I would go further and say it �s a VOCATION. At least that �s how I feel about it. 

29 Sep 2010     

< Previous   1    2