Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Can You Read This?    

Can You Read This?

dennismychina
China

Can You Read This?

Hi all, I received the following by email and thought it might be interesting to see the results from our members. Please read the following and answer. Yes I could read it the 1st/ 2nd or 3rd, time ect, or no I couldn�t read it.

I�m travelling at the moment so I�ll try to post this again later today for our other time zone members and the criterion and results tomorrow.

Enjoy.

This is weird, but interesting!

i  cdnuolt blveiee taht I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd  waht

I was rdanieg. The phaonmneal  pweor of the hmuan mnid, aoccdrnig to  rsceearh

at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it  dseno �t mtaetr in waht oerdr the ltteres in a  wrod

are, the olny iproamtnt tihng is  taht the frsit and lsat ltteer be in the  rghit

pclae. The rset can be a taotl  mses and you can sitll raed it whotuit a  pboerlm.

Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid  deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but  the

wrod as a wlohe. Azanmig huh? yaeh  and I awlyas tghuhot slpeling was  ipmorantt!

29 Sep 2010      

semenovna
Ukraine

Yes. I could read it! It �s funny!

29 Sep 2010     

edrodmedina
United States

Thanks for sharing "profesor". Ed

29 Sep 2010     

dima380
Russian Federation

Reads easy.

29 Sep 2010     

Errie
Japan

Easy to read. This one is floating on the net for quit some time. Indeed funny.

29 Sep 2010     

moravc
Czech Republic

There is a website where you can copy your text and it scrambles it in this way. :-D
It is actually better to move the letters no more than 2-3 spaces...

Is there anybody who happens to know the website for scrambling the text with first and last letter left?
Let me know if you do. Thanks!

29 Sep 2010     

el_profe55
Argentina

very easy!!

29 Sep 2010     

fsams
Maldives

I would like to know the website too....ya, this one is a bit old...yet still interesting.

29 Sep 2010     

douglas
United States

Easy except this word: aulaclty (actually)

29 Sep 2010     

marta v
Serbia

Yeah it �s cool! I have it in Serbian as well. Great fun for our students too - just to show them that the English spelling can get even more complicated without causing too much difficulty  :)

You can also try out this with your students: print any text as a mirror image (find in the printing options) and let them rewrite it in the correct order. It �s an excellent spelling practice!

29 Sep 2010